Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: brink  (Read 3955 times)
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« on: November 30, 2010, 04:38:15 AM »

www.brinkthegame.com

Looks pretty cool up to 8 player coop.

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 04:43:04 AM »

If you can get past this guy's pants, developer explains it pretty good here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m2b-j1Yu8M&feature=fvw

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Redbear8
WoW Member

where's the honey?

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »

That may have some potential.

"To open one's mouth indiscriminately brings shame, and there are many times when people will turn their backs on such a person."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Phat31198
Phat!
Planetside Member

Her PHATs are PHAT

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 04:36:58 PM »

Phat reaches into his pocket and pulls out...

Red responds..."You would carry something like that around with you wherever you go. Your faggotry has just reached critical mass! (actually he would be even more unforgiving...and I'm sure he will chime in or night or JT...)

ANYWAY

I will be grabbing this on the way home from work...

Anyone else purchasing this game?

RedDawn

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:33:32 PM »

phat...everyone knows your faggotry knows no bounds Tongue

Honey Badger don't give a fuck....
Phat31198
Phat!
Planetside Member

Her PHATs are PHAT

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 01:19:21 PM »

Only when you're near  Wink

So my first impressions of this game it is quite different from the normal run and gun.

I do not see how this game can claim the end of genres as we know it though...

The game runs very smooth on my new PC, but if I put on Ambient Occlusion I go from 114FPS down to 40FPS, and that is just in the menu...I didn't even to play like that...I also did not see a real difference while in the menu. (graphics wise)

The learning curve took me a good half hour to not constantly die.

very good customization for an FPS. It's no borderlands though. I would say its a step above WoW with the added bonus of being able to change gear (by gear I mean clothing, not actually load outs) whenever your not in a game.

You cannot change your class on the fly...you must do it near a command terminal. They exist in places around the map as well as at spawn. They are also used as capture points in the game.

Changing weapons is done in the same way.

Basically you run around trying to kill the enemy and complete the main objective(s), but at the same time...if you hold middle mouse it will open up a HUD that looks like Simon says and you can attempt to complete side objectives to aid the fight for your side. The selections are made quite like Crysis you hover over which one you would like to choose with your mouse. In some cases doing so will automatically change your current facing direction to now be facing the new objective. Which at some points will tend to get old fast. (Like getting stuck on a wall or realize when you changed your objective 30 seconds ago you did a 360 and now have run quite a bit away from where you wanted to go.  

The combat system adds a bit of flare to the game with the ability to perform slides to knock opponents down and avoid gun fire. you can also climb obstacles with ease if you are a lighter build in a mirror's edge fashion. (accept for being a little Asian girl with neat looking shoes)  

Things that are much different in this game...actually it is more like they took a crap load of other successful games and grabbed their features

You can see your opponents health as you are engaging in combat...(Planetside - Enhanced targeting)

You can revive teammates that have fallen recently...(Again PS adv medic)

Your health will regenerate and does not have a visible number its a sliding bar...(Halo)

There are buffs that can be given to each class and you can even self buff...WoW and so many other MMOs (as if there were any other MMO RPG other than WoW)

Example(s):
The Engineer can give out extra kevlar, buff the damage on your weapon

Medic gives you a health buff

Soldier gives extra ammo (What I really love is how the soldier can give himself ammo too)

There is a level and ranking system...so you fuckheads who feel the need to extend your epeen can get your fix here too.

This game is also only $50 on PC...not 60 like the big developers have been pushing the cost for consoles games on us lately.

I am sure I am missing some of the other things, but you get a general idea.

Hope someone else gives it a shot.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:20:52 PM by Phat31198 » Logged

Nightstalker
Fuck the Fed.
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

Hypnochest

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »

So my first impressions of this game...

No MCG, WTF IS THIS SHIT??!

Qew Qew. Pew Pew. Mew Mew. Tew Tew.

Phat31198
Phat!
Planetside Member

Her PHATs are PHAT

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 09:06:54 PM »

I am beginning to understand why it's so vacant here nowadays...

Furthermore...

MCG...Check!

Redbear8
WoW Member

where's the honey?

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »

I've been curious about this game, though it's getting mixed reviews from everyone I know. I did like borderlands a lot and portal 2 is a blast. I would love some FPS action with you jerks, other than BFBC2

"To open one's mouth indiscriminately brings shame, and there are many times when people will turn their backs on such a person."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »

I loved Borderlands, and was thinking about getting this, but there is too much RL going on right now.  Hopefully as of the end of the month I will be officially the owner of my fathers house (where I have been living for the past year).  But with that comes alot of housework, improvements, repairs, etc etc.  And....lawn mowing.  Believe me, that alone is a daunting task.  Maybe in a little while I can check it out, but for the near future just plain impossible to do any gaming.

Phat31198
Phat!
Planetside Member

Her PHATs are PHAT

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »

I have the opinion that the mixed reviews come from the following that I have come across in my few days playing...

There are definitely not enough maps

There need to be more objectives per map and more complex objectives...Honestly capture the flag seems more interesting at his point than using a hack box on a missile

More challenges...It appears there are only about 5 challenges and they unlock all weapon attachments.

I want to feel like I earned something...not that it was given to me.

Paul
WoW Member

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »

summer break in 5 days, might be getting this.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx