gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sound card  (Read 3698 times)
AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« on: November 02, 2006, 02:04:27 AM »

Looking to pick up a new sound card so I am looking at getting me a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty card but I heard some rummors that it might not work with my motherboard so I was wonder if anyone knew for sure if it would work with my A8N32-SLI Deluxe board.

Arctic
Old

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 04:45:56 AM »

what do you use it for really, I have the cheap Sound blaster 24 bit Sound card works great for my 30 dollar headphones, give the MB back the ram

Phazis
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 04:50:53 AM »

I have SB Audigy 2 ZS I paid abour 100$ for it few moths ago and I actually compared quality to the one I have on board and wow there was a huge difference. And with hardware suppor good card will free up a lot of resources on your system.

Krogoth
Has a PS2 Hardon
WoW Member

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 04:52:56 AM »

I honestly hear very little difference between my previous onboard experience and my Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 (aside from the fact that I can use my 5.1 headset now and a couple extra FPS), so I honestly dont see the point in getting a $145 card when I can use that toward buying a better quality sound system.

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 03:03:25 PM »

I personally am not that much of a sound afficianado.  If I was, I would go for it, but you don't need to spend that much to get a 5% gain in your fps.

Reddawn
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 02:14:26 PM »

I bought an X-fi but I play my guitar thru it and stuff. I like it.....don't know if the FATALITY would be worth the extra money seems like a marketing.
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 03:53:42 PM »

There's certainly marketing to it... like anything you else you pay for a brand you feel is good and Fatality having his name on it is supposed to pull in some gamers who feel strongly about what he puts out.

AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 03:40:26 AM »

I had this card for about 3 months now and for the most part no real issues untill about a week ago when a issue has come up and I dont know if its from this card which seems to be the noticeable part of the issue or if its being effected by something else causeing these issues. Also the X-FI cards after I bought this card I found some interesting things where I guess this card has some issues with a large line of motherboards mainly the nvidia chipsets but it also effects other chipsets as well.

Im now going threw the process of email tag with creative labs to try and figure out if this is a driver issue thats suddenly poped up or something else.

Arctic
Old

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 05:11:37 AM »

I hate to say this to you alex but you have the worst luck with sound devices, speakers, cards, everything seems to blow on you

AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 06:48:59 AM »

Yea no bloody kidding. If it isnt one thing its something else going out on me eather a car part or computer part or something else breaking. I dont overclock anything on my computer so I just dont know whats going on. Card basicly now going where it will eather install show up on the hardware list start loading the drivers then just causes the computer to reboot and then wont appear on the hardware monitor. Even trying differnt pci slots it just does the same thing. Will show the card and then if theres a restart somewhere when the system comes back up it no longer registers the card actully being installed in the system.

I requested a RMA threw creative labs and will see what happens.

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 04:14:22 PM »

Have you tried removing the card from it's slot completely and blowing some air in there?  Have you checked to make sure that your speakers/headset don't have a shorted wire?  Have you tried installing the card on a different slot?

AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 05:24:15 PM »

Yep I attempted all that stuff. When installed in any pci slot the card will eather not register it being installed or when it is registered as soon as the computer gets restarted the card no longer detects it being installed. I attempted it in 3 differnt slots all do the same eather wont be detected gets detected but causes the computer to restart mid driver install or gets detected long enough to get the drivers installed to shortly suddenly stop being detected a few moments to a hour or couple hours later causeing alot of sound distortions to evently causeing the computer to restart. So eather its the card going bad or the motherboard and I am more incline to say the card itself is going bad sence with out the card being installed the computer runs fines with no issues.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx