gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quitting WoW  (Read 7714 times)
Volkaxx
« on: December 04, 2007, 02:32:17 PM »

Where to begin...

Last night I had a long talk and arguement with my wife once again over this game. Frankly I am tired of it. She wants me to cut play time down again. As some of you notice there are whole days I am not on in the game and long periods of time when I am AFK. I have cut, and cut, and cut my time to play so much is frustrating. Each time I snip some here or some there she is fine for a bit then comes at me with more bullshit about time of play. My marriage has to be more important than this game, and while I seriously doubt it will end the arguements I can at the very least remove the ammo from her arsenal.

She does have points though. I am not a dick in that I will not recognize that. I have been ninja playing when I need to do other things just to keep up. I am tired folks. I can't do this shit anymore. My writting is suffering, interactions with my child, school work. I am a great student, and I try to be an awesome father, but I should be better than that and I know I can be. I have accepted diminished success in life for success in game, and while it is still good I know inside that it should have been better.

My first impulse was to sell my account...

I cannot abide the thought of some douche bag playing on an account I have labored to build. As a result I have asked the person I trust most in game and have a large amount of respect for to take over my account. I have asked Jazia to accept my account as a gift and to do with it what she thinks is right. Jaz and I have played together for over 4 years and I know some of you have played with her a lot longer. She is a good and loyal friend.

This hurts me a bit, lot, to give up my online friendships I have built. I feel like I am bailing on a lot of people. But please understand that this is an instance of give an inch take a mile.

If Jaz accepts my account, which I hope she will, it may be her or someone she trusts and respects that will be playing Volkaxx and or Miling. Please treat her or that person with respect. They are doing me a favor and carrying on countless hours of work and no doubt have a firm grasp on the game.

I have enjoyed my time with you in the game, and Jaz I will miss playing alongside of you most of all. I have never been on the forums much but I will pop over from time to time to say hi. I am usually invisible as Poetic_Murk on Yahoo messenger so I can be contacted that way or will respond to a message when I see it. I will log today to settle my business, getting people cloth, making some food for people, etc... Afterwards I will have to bid WoW goodbye. Though I will no longer see you and may never occassion to speak with you again, I wish you all the success and joy life and WoW have to offer. May your blades never falter...may the wind always be at your back.

WTF RL PWNS WoW

Volkaxx/Insolence
Miling/Warmonger
Lightflame/Barra
Leach
Petulant

and as Jaz will always know me...

Life-line
Turkley
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

Controlled Chaos

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 02:55:31 PM »

Sorry to hear its come to this Volk.  If you do find the time in the future, we will be here.
jugs
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 03:39:24 PM »

Man...this does suck. I'm sorry to hear of your situation, but I respect your decision. I will miss our good talks. I'll add your yahoo account and chat with you from time to time. Be well, man.
Garenth
WoW Member

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 03:50:47 PM »

Sorry to hear that your leaving Volk. Hope you stealth your way through the forums from time to time to keep up on how things are going and toss your $.02 in every so often Smiley

I didn't do it, no one saw me!  You can't prove a thing!

Kith

This space for rent

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 04:03:22 PM »

Sorry to be losing you Volkaxx.  Best of luck with your family and writing.

Girls, girls - you're both pretty.
gr0n
LAZER!
Wolverine Council

Space Rules

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 04:05:30 PM »

Noooooo!

Don't think of it as leaving for good...there's always going to be an opportunity to come back, and we'll be glad to have you back.

It's admirable to quit for the reasons you give, because I know for sure that I would be a lot more productive if I didn't play as much as I do.  My problem is that I can't throttle back, it's either all or nothing.  So, my hat's off to you for being able to have the will power to do this.  Although, it sounds like your better half might be influencing that a bit.  Wink

Ok, so, who's going to play the cricket noises in TS now that you won't be around?   Cheesy

Good luck to you man...take care...and thanks for your contributions to the guild!  Hope to see you around sometime in the future.

-V

Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »

Sorry to hear you won't be around.  GL in all that life brings and hope to see you on again at some point.

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humphrey Bogart
Farkas
WoW Member

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 08:17:32 PM »

well i didnt play with you for that long but you seemed like a good guy im sure that you are going to be a great lose to the guild but i respect you putting family first. GL in life and all that you do with it.

Reddawn
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 12:34:31 AM »

Whenever I talk to chicks who bitch about their boyfriends playing video games I always reply " at least he isn't at a titty bar banging whores"

some get it most don't. Five across the eyes
MysticSmoke
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 12:37:42 AM »

Wow, im very sad to have to see you go. It is very admirable the reasons for doing so, and i wish you all the best life has to offer you and your family. Dont forget about us, you will always be welcome back. And who knows maybe once in awhile you will be alotted the chance to play for a few minutes as a kind of gift. Even if it is just to say hello, im sure it would be greatly appreciated. Dont worry about the great father thing, I think you have that under control simply from your choices stated above.

Much Love,
Smoke
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 02:27:28 AM »

I'll just say this.  I'm sure we'll see you in the future.

Right now, you have as you said, a wife, a child, school, and writing which all is requiring your time.  When things settle down maybe you'll have time when all the things that are really important arent dragging you in 10 different ways.

Anyway, hope everything works out, and in the future you'll come back.  We'll always be here...well, I'm at work, I wont always be HERE but...the website ....bah you know what I mean.  So check in from time to time to say hi and see whats up.

Take care and happy holidays.

PS  Hunters RULE!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 02:29:51 AM by Stugots » Logged

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
Arctic
Old

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 02:53:43 AM »

Good Luck in trying to figure out how to juggle all that you have on your plate.  I have been in your spot and may still be in more ways then i ever care to admit.  I know you will be welcome back if not in any game, in the forum. make sure you keep in touch.  It only takes a min.

Ordriin
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 06:38:53 AM »

fair winds and strong sails , going to miss ya bud .
Volk
WoW Member

Me at Neuschwanstein Castle

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »

I haven't actually played with you much, but I have seen you on a bit when I play. You'll be missed and I understand your situation completely. Good luck and maybe you'll be able to come back after a few months. If not, I wish you all the best.

~Bryan

Practice Safe Lunch, Use a Condiment.
Nightstalker
Fuck the Fed.

Hypnochest

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 09:33:46 PM »

Whenever I talk to chicks who bitch about their boyfriends playing video games I always reply " at least he isn't at a titty bar banging whores"

some get it most don't. Five across the eyes

There's a time and place for humor Red, and this is NOT the time, NOR the place. My God man show some compassion, this guy is quitting WoW.

Man, it's so damn funny looking back at some of these WoW posts. I think it would be epic if we could condense the dramatic ones into one post.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx