gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Global Agenda  (Read 14431 times)
Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 03:20:55 PM »

Holy crap!  They aren't charging $15+ per month.

http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/133

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humphrey Bogart
Snackcakes
GO BUCKS!
WoW Member

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 05:06:49 PM »

nice!

My faith in you shall never falter again.
Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 06:00:10 PM »

Just got an email:

GLOBAL AGENDA TO LAUNCH ON FEB 1, 2010

http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/rd?1=AvUG~wreDv8SYED9GtIe~yL~Jvsq~~X~mie0Jzr~&2=1670

ATLANTA, Dec. 15, 2009 -- Hi-Rez Studios announced today that Global Agenda, the award winning team-based shooter-MMO, will launch on Monday, February 1, 2010. The game will be available for pre-purchase through the Global Agenda website, Steam and the Amazon.com Marketplace starting today. Players that pre-purchase will receive beta access, in-game items, and other incentives.

Global Agenda players will experience both co-op and competitive multiplayer shooter features after a one-time purchase with no subscription needed. An optional subscription package, called "Global Agenda: Conquest" will be available for players who wish to participate in a massive-scale game of territory control on a persistent world map.

As a special agent playing only the non-subscription features, you may fully level up to eight different agent characters, participating in both player-vs-player and cooperative player-vs-environment missions, as you fight to overturn the totalitarian one-world government, The Commonwealth, and establish yourself inside the game world.

Players in Global Agenda: Conquest form their own groups, called Agencies. These Agencies conquer territory, construct facilities, manufacture vehicles, raid bases, and engage in formal and informal alliances and betrayals on their way toward world domination. The Conquest gameplay will revolve around player-driven politics and emergent gameplay with each battle being resolved via squad-based combat.

A comparison of the features included in the non-subscription and subscription ("Conquest") portions of the game, as well as additional pre-order information, is available on the Global Agenda website.

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humphrey Bogart
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 07:31:28 PM »

I've been in the closed beta for the past couple months.  For me the jury is still out.  While I've been in it, we have not tested the large scale combat, only the smaller modes that are roughly 8v8.  The Alliance systems were not in place yet (i.e. crafting, auction house, etc).  You could visit the "booths" but not craft, sell, or buy.  Specializations were like many other games.. medic, hunter, engineer, etc. and you earn higher levels or armor, weapons, etc.  We just received the email yesterday about launch and pre-orders.

I think it will be worth checking out and seeing how the larger scale combat works in conjunction with everything else.  Players can have just the game itself without the monthly conquest mode and still be part of the Alliance, but not participate in any of the conquests.

It seems a little bit like Tribes meets Unreal meets TF2.  I don't think it will be a huge hit like Planetside was, but like I said, until we beta test conqest mode I can't really compare it in that way.

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 01:13:07 AM »

OK gang.  I received my email earlier breaking out the beta offers as well as breakdown info.  You've probably already read this somewhere, but here is a screenshot showing you regular gameplay vs subscription gameplay.  Now, I have the option to purchase 4 steam keys total.  I can gift 3 of them.  The price of the 4 pack is $134.99 or $33.75 per key.  Here's what you get:

PRE-ORDER FOR EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS
Your pre-purchase includes the following special benefits:
•   Confirmed Access to Beta – Your purchase confirms your access to Global Agenda beta events in January. Note that the beta servers are available for play only during specific play test windows, and that tests may be limited to only certain game features.
•   In-Game Items – Activate their Product Key on the Global Agenda website prior to February 1, 2010 to receive a special in-game helmet captured from the Commonwealth, as well as head flair honoring the Global Agenda "No Elves" marketing campaign.
•   Reserve Your Player Name and Agency Name - Watch your email for details on how to access the pre-launch “Name Reserve” event, where you can reserve your in-game name ahead of launch day (exact dates for the Name Reserve event to be announced). You will also be able to reserve an Agency name during the game's official launch.
In addition, your purchase gives you the ability to sign up for one free month of Global Agenda: Conquest at registration (credit card required, can be canceled at any time).
When Global Agenda launches, the Global Agenda Live game will activate in Steam. At this point, you will need to install and activate your live activation key on the Global Agenda website. It is necessary to register your live activation key to play the game post launch and to continue participation in the beta in late January.

If you are interested, please let me know and I will send you the list of beta times during January.

Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 02:36:46 AM »

<---interested.

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
Arctic
Old

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 05:52:31 PM »

I might be,  Let em try Aion this weekend, (only 4 hours left to DL, it did speed up ) .  then ill look at it more

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 10:32:28 PM »

Still need 1 more person to jump on this offer....

Arctic I need a solid yes or no before the 31st of December.  I need to place the order by the 31st.

Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 12:18:19 AM »

I would love to try it but I'm just too damned busy atm.  Besides, I have enough distraction with MW2, TF2, Dirt 2, Forza 3, and Arkham Asylum.

Arctic
Old

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 02:15:20 AM »

solid yes

Dyeboy
WoW Member

Damn, I was two days from retierment

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 03:58:22 AM »

Hawkes, im going to do some research here on tuesday. If I like what I see I would be on board.

Titty Smack
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 01:37:12 PM »

Is this a true FPS or is it in third person? Or a mix? The videos I have seen confuse me. If it is FPS, is it responsive and exacy like Modern Warefare or does it feel more like TF2 or Unreal? What function does the Guild/Outfit play? Is it just a friends list or is there benifits like with what Warhammer had?

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 02:29:07 PM »

Is this a true FPS or is it in third person? Or a mix? The videos I have seen confuse me.

FPS

If it is FPS, is it responsive and exacy like Modern Warefare or does it feel more like TF2 or Unreal?

Don't know since I haven't played MW2, but I have played Unreal and I would say it has an Unreal feeling to it.

What function does the Guild/Outfit play? Is it just a friends list or is there benifits like with what Warhammer had?

See the image I posted above..... that should answer all those questions.

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2009, 01:59:48 PM »

OK... so far it's myself, Stugots and Arctic.  I need one more solid yes either today or tomorrow and I'll be able to buy the 4 pack. 

Stu and Arctic, we'll probably make arrangements for the cash via PayPal or something.

Nightstalker
Fuck the Fed.
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

Hypnochest

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2009, 03:05:02 PM »

One thing I see backfiring on their approach with this is that the "mass scale campaigns" are going to be partitioned only to the people with the full accounts.

Now logically when trying to generate some filled up mass scale battles, you would want to access the bigger pool of players, which would be the total sum of sub and one time payers.

It seems likes the best thing to do would be to open up the mass scale for everyone, and give the sub players access to elite command missions with 10-15 vs 10-15 players, which would determine the most critical outcomes of the agency on agency actions; best tech or total loss of agency here? Or maybe allow them to backdoor another agency to steal or recover some stolen tech

That way the smaller agencies will be able to at least resist the bigger ones on some level. Otherwise I just get the sense it's going to be nothing but a few marauding agencies running around monopolizing smaller and medium size agencies.

Meanwhile you have players just staying in the one time purchase area, because they are sick of getting owned 60 on 20, and its much more easier to fill up an 8v8, as well as not being one sided.

Is this Sony made this, or people from Sony move over I thought? I only wonder if they ever think about this shit sometimes.

There will probably be outcry on the forums to open up the mass maps to everyone, and they'll do it, but not before they've lost a big player base.

Just sayin'

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx