gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Global Agenda  (Read 14432 times)
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »

Night, I would bet that the majority of people that buy this game will pay the fee, if they like it, for the extra content. If one wanted to play 8v8 with a non recurring monthly fee: COD, HL deathmatch and its bazillion mods, tf2, unreal3 etc etc etc..

This is not a huge release as far as I can tell, as in publisher size and media advertisement. I would think that the people that will go buy the box are the same people that have been following it and want the MMO aspect of it. Otherwise what are you really getting other than a glorified trial version (which I bet is the intent of the publisher)

I'm not saying that I know for a fact it will succeed, most mmo releases now a days don't just due to the volume of releases out there, but  I do know people are accustomed to paying monthly fees for an MMO they like, and a small publisher like this going out and taking a stab at releasing something new and innovative deserves and will probably NEED the subs.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 03:26:06 PM by varg » Logged

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
Nightstalker
Fuck the Fed.
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

Hypnochest

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2009, 04:31:08 PM »

Night, I would bet that the majority of people that buy this game will pay the fee, if they like it, for the extra content. If one wanted to play 8v8 with a non recurring monthly fee: COD, HL deathmatch and its bazillion mods, tf2, unreal3 etc etc etc..

Well it's not only that, but the non subs also get access to the instances and other treats etc.

And sure the majority of players will be sub at first, but that will drop off.

Looking at the two options, i'd imagine alot of people would be content with the single purchase. You're going to get your COD, HL, unreal etc players because they want to try something fresh. And of course some new types thinking it as a WoW with machine guns or what not with the instances and such.

If you're going to market it as an MMO-whatever, you need to give all players access to the mmo aspect, because Its not an issue about giving the one time payers too much access, its about the sub payers not getting the most out of their subs, because they don't get access to the total sum of potential players to fill up their agencies.

If your agency can only fill out 8-10 people on at a time, you're going to find yourself only wanting to play the 8v8s or instances, which is the free content and therefore why pay the sub because what 8-10 agency is going to want to get their asses owned by a roving 60 size agency?

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2009, 01:54:44 AM »

OK gang.... last chance.  I need one more to commit if we're going to jump on this deal.

If not, I won't be able to get the 4 pack.

Any takers?Huh?

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 04:43:16 AM »

Sorry Arctic and Stu.... no takers on a fourth spot.  Looks like we'll be waiting this one out.

Arctic
Old

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 05:21:15 PM »

no worries Hawkes,  might be a sign,

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 05:27:32 PM »

That's what I was thinking.

Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 01:38:55 AM »

So did anyone take the plunge?

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
JackelMaster
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 02:32:35 AM »

Not yet. Cant decide Between MAG and this. Gonna wait for reviews i guess

Someway, somehow, and someday you will see me again
Dyeboy
WoW Member

Damn, I was two days from retierment

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 06:13:34 AM »

I just bought the Live game + the conquest Subscription. Still loading right now, I'll post more later in the week.

Titty Smack
ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 09:29:35 AM »

Heh somehow missed this thread when it started. I was on christmas vacation so that why. Shame, I would have liked to try it out with you guys. But I probably wouldn't of bought the game unless its vehicle code was amazing and vehicles did something fun and useful.

JesterDTM
WoW Member

Whateva!

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 04:56:52 AM »

What is the cut for the 4 pack for the fourth spot?

Arctic
Old

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2010, 06:35:48 AM »

would of been 35 ish but that was a few months ago... heard he game is soso anyway

JesterDTM
WoW Member

Whateva!

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2010, 05:51:08 AM »

hrm... 35 is better than 50.

Dyeboy
WoW Member

Damn, I was two days from retierment

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2010, 02:08:14 PM »

Just to update. I've been playing this game almost daily since its live launch. The game feels grindy but what modern MMO doesn't? If you guys want to try it out for a bit you can download a free trial via Steam. The trial can only go up to level 15 (level cap is 50) and can't do the Conquest (AvA) gameplay. Nevertheless, it gives you a pretty good idea of what the game is all about. Extremely team based (no lone snipers owning everyone), fast paced, and fun.

The main reason that I'm posting this update is that HiRez is going to be releasing patch 1.3 - Sandstorm sometime in mid-late May. The Sandstorm patch is going to add bigger matches (up to 40v40), raid style PvE action, and a bunch of stuff that matters to people that already play the game. I.E. crafting system changes, loot drops, and balancing issues.

I had some pretty sweet screen shots of some PvP and PvE matches but, I can't find them in the file location of Global Agenda. If anyone has any idea of how to find the exact location for the screen shot files on a Steam game that would be awesome.

Titty Smack
RedDawn

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »

screen shots usually are at C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<your username>\game somewhere in there. I'll grab the trail and see whats up

Honey Badger don't give a fuck....
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx