gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are a lot of dumb people out there, and they are turning this NSFWish  (Read 6603 times)
thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

Starting a protometal band to raise HPV awareness

« on: December 11, 2008, 04:17:26 PM »

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/ignorant-teacher-linux-in-education.html
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 03:33:25 PM by thrun » Logged
Snackcakes
GO BUCKS!
WoW Member

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 04:23:39 PM »

wow. education ftw. at least thrun's mustaches rides are still free.

My faith in you shall never falter again.
Gristle
WoW Member

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:20:09 PM »

Now. You give that boy his disks back. Aaron is a brilliant kid and he's learned more using Linux than he ever did using Windows. Those disks and their distribution are perfectly legal and even if he was "disruptive", you cannot keep his property. I have placed a call to the AISD Superintendent and cc'd him a complete copy of your email. It looks like we will get to meet in his office when School starts again after the holiday. I am anxious to meet a person who is this uninformed and still holds a position of authority and learnedness over our children.

Ken Starks
HeliOS Solutions

Just completely owned...I mean to the absolute.  The only way to punctuate this would be an in person pimp slap in front of the Superintendent.
Redbear8
WoW Member

where's the honey?

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 05:26:41 PM »

Linux raped my puppy.

"To open one's mouth indiscriminately brings shame, and there are many times when people will turn their backs on such a person."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 06:46:18 PM »

I hate Linux people.

Reddawn
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 06:47:41 PM »

Mac guys are worse.....at least with linux nerds you can raise your voice at them to shut them up.....mac guys just start doing the robot and repeat "I wanna blow Steve Jobs" over and over.
Gristle
WoW Member

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »

Dude, Linux fucking rules.  I can't believe you jackass IT professionals just said that.  I didn't hear it, I didn't see it. No way.
Reddawn
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 07:05:19 PM »

we said we hate Linux PEOPLE....we can appreciate the operating system.....we just hate the neckbeard mouthbreathers that quote uptimes and talk about how they setup cron jobs to download hentai
thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 07:09:55 PM »

Ya, I personally don't give a shit.  I administer win 2003/2008 machines, exchange and AD domains for a living.  The most I ever do with any linux distros is install them on physical servers or VMs for clients and hand them over when I am done.  

My boss wants to pay me to learn how to do something else and I'll be more then happy to.  Microsoft has changed the way companies do business in a way no other software company has or probably ever will.  All the chest pounding about macs and free OSs in the world won't change that.

I just thought it was typical of the middle school/high school experience.  I seem to recall having 30 to 40% of the adults there (not just teachers but administrators) being really good and taking an interest in us and the other chunk being glorified bullies with bad sweaters.  
gr0n
LAZER!
Wolverine Council

Space Rules

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 06:47:05 PM »

we said we hate Linux PEOPLE....we can appreciate the operating system.....we just hate the neckbeard mouthbreathers that quote uptimes and talk about how they setup cron jobs to download hentai

+1 to Red.

Reddawn
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 07:17:06 PM »

I'm going to setup a gr0n job where he drives real fast and yeahs YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH as he power slides past an elementary school.
Aldoran
WoW Member

I Am Aldoran. (sung to Black Sabbath's "Ironman")

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 12:17:07 AM »

After my last job as AS/400 system support (with "legacy" software and "upgraded" servers, only 3 years out of date) I can safely say...

Any OS with a GUI is grapes and Kool-aid to me.

I've tried Linux, about 6 years ago I installed RedHat. It was OK, but not a "ZOMG my life changed and I want to mate with my hard drive" experience. Back then there were fewer quality of life apps included in the general distribution and I had to deal with hunting drivers and compression software and everything else I needed. Hated that bit.

It did have really smooth and fast performance on older hardware, which was nice.

Educators can be stupid, they are only people after all. I had a biology teacher who gave a speech about how she didn't believe in "the THEORY of evolution", and then only after a full WEEK of study devoted to how a theory is not a fact, backed up with 5 days of experiments designed to prove our theories wrong.  Her evolution class was one day, then she said "I don't believe this nonsense myself, but they make me teach it. GOD created our world, he just likes to leave mysteries for us to fiddle with and test our faith".

thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 10:28:29 PM »

people that think that the laws of the universe are lies put here by santa clause to trip us up make me cry a little inside. 

Either god loves me and wants me to be with him or he's a lying vengeful asshole.  These people need to make up their minds. 
Kastil
I have two fingers, I have four fingers.
WoW Member

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 11:14:41 PM »

So what about the parents themselves?  Mother in NC taking a school to court because she wants "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" banner from being sung in the elementary school her daughter attends.  Her reason?  The words "Christmas" and "Santa" are mentioned in the song.  This makes me angry, oh so very angry.

thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 04:52:09 AM »

Ya, people need to grow the fuck up.  If your belief struture and what you've taught your child can be shaken by a song about a raindeer then you need to rethink your parenting skills.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx