gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What size of BF2 servers do you guys normaly look for?  (Read 3279 times)
AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« on: November 22, 2005, 09:18:16 PM »

Im curious as to what size of BF2 servers do you guys normaly play on. I was looking into maybe priceing some servers to see what it would cost per month to maybe get a wolverines operated server going. Was just a idea I was toying with just was curious as to what server numbers people would be looking at.

Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 09:47:01 PM »

When I play (not much lately) I usually look for the big ones 64 people servers.  I usually do a search for ECGN or east coast gaming network  www/ecgnetwork.com

They charge $5 per slot a month for officially ranked servers though.

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 09:50:59 PM »

Well the company I most likely would go threw charges 159.95 for a 32 man server and I am unsure of if they are ranked yet or not. There last update said that it was planned to be ranked as of July but nothing new was ever posted on it. I figure this might be something people would want to pitch in to have something like this set up or something so of be a outfit ran server or something. Sounds like it would be fun and give a place for people to get together and meet people. But its just a idea of mine.

WildShadow
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 11:34:12 PM »

i just saw a Ranked Server for $3 a slot, maybe another one for $2 a slot. i'd have to look them up again.
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 11:31:42 PM »

Well the company I most likely would go threw charges 159.95 for a 32 man server and I am unsure of if they are ranked yet or not. There last update said that it was planned to be ranked as of July but nothing new was ever posted on it. I figure this might be something people would want to pitch in to have something like this set up or something so of be a outfit ran server or something. Sounds like it would be fun and give a place for people to get together and meet people. But its just a idea of mine.

I think this is a GREAT idea. Would let some of us old heads that are not currently in PS play with our buds. Maybe get some new blood into the outfit as well.

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 12:49:24 AM »

If I put up a donation button for PayPal, wopuld I get any takers?  I'll take care of getting the hosting and all as long as I know there will be some type of reimbursement.

AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 06:25:24 AM »

Well I basicly have a old server going threw a company already but they dont got ranking sadly EA is only limiting it to select companys and not letting other server companys get access to it for some goofy reason.

Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 10:19:21 AM »

If I put up a donation button for PayPal, wopuld I get any takers?  I'll take care of getting the hosting and all as long as I know there will be some type of reimbursement.

i would be down hawkes, but make sure you can get a Ranking Server. Maybe you should put up a poll and see who all would be willing to donate.

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
Thakard
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 03:47:04 AM »

let me ask my current servers price he pays...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx