gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: taking a break from WoW  (Read 5244 times)
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

Yeah but the grind is much more user interactive.  You can't walk up to someone in PS and just expect to stand there letting the software do the whacking.  You need a higher level of skill to attain the next level.
Yes and no.  You didnt really get into wow, and saying it requires less skill from someone who wasnt high level, well, I guess you wouldnt really know.  Believe me pvp takes some skill.  Now, if this were the kind of game where your character automatically turns to face an opponenet I'd agree more, but its not.  Plus with specials and different weapons you have to be able to know when to use them at the right time to be able to win a fight.

But PS has evolved over time.  While most of us still wish for some of the toys they spoke about at Fan Faire, we do have a new mossie (Wasp), we have some newer faces (and some returning old), and tactics are always an interesting discussion.

You need to try BF2, BF2142, COD2, etc for that kind of stuff if PS has lost its' allure.  There are some really good clans out there and we are always looking to expand into other games.

Sure its evolved a bit.  But c'mon.  You know as well as I that PS is Sony's redheaded stepchild.  Tons of potential, but mostly ignored by the bigwigs.

Don't get me wrong, I can see myself regarding pvp the same way I regard PS.  I mean, theres only 3 battlegrounds, so its the same thing every time I enter one.  HOwever, theres still a bunch of instances i Havent been in yet.  And, with the expansion, theres going to be tons of new content.  Its all about goals for me.  I'm in a small guild, so the only real way I can get good gear it from pvp, so its my goal to get that gear. 

And as far as the BF series, they are fun granted, but there is complete lack of any dynamic storyline.  They are what they were meant to be, an FPS.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 03:59:22 PM by Stugots » Logged

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 05:29:37 PM »

Yes and no.  You didnt really get into wow, and saying it requires less skill from someone who wasnt high level, well, I guess you wouldnt really know.  Believe me pvp takes some skill.  Now, if this were the kind of game where your character automatically turns to face an opponenet I'd agree more, but its not.  Plus with specials and different weapons you have to be able to know when to use them at the right time to be able to win a fight.

Perhaps I should have said, a different type of skill.

ch0wdah
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 09:59:18 AM »

LOL!  PvP in WoW is a lot more complicated than PS.  I suppose after you click 1 button, the game will whack away for you.  Until you lose.  Every time.  I have 60 different buttons staring at me.  No, I don't use all 60 in combat, but I would say at least 20 of them regularly.  Do you do 20 different things in PS?  Maybe if you count every vehicle you could pull/gun.  You also have 8 different classes of enemy coming at you with their own set of 20-60 different things they can do to you.

That said...

You don't have to aim, really.  Like Stu said, you gotta be pointed in the right direction. 

I just had a flashback to trying to aim the BFR AV gunner weapon.  Any degree of accuracy on those while BFR is running would be more than skill.

Like you said, Hawkes, different skills.

ch0wdah
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »

Nightstalker.

Get in game now.

Correct God.
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 01:24:16 PM »

I was wondering how long it would take for ch0w to chime in.... were you on vaca or something?

ch0wdah
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 10:00:21 AM »

We had Night in game for a second there.  Or 11.
Glacius
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 04:27:42 AM »

I stopped playing WoW and realized how much time I really had to spend on more rewarding hobbies like designing my web site, learning C# and pwning people in games that took skill. lollerskates

But srsly, it was nearly impossible for me to get back into it since I was getting crunked every weekend. So ya, quit WoW while you can; it will make you realize how valuable your free time is.

This is message has been brought to you buy a leet cow that never made to 60, but cooked enough n00bsauce to make it to 57 and sharpen his WTFHorns and hit his OMGCowBell.
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 05:04:24 AM »

dam...he goes away on an internship and they taught him to speak in a different language.

Can anyone translate for someone who doesnt know what crunked is?

Tongue

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
Glacius
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 01:03:19 AM »

getting crunked = drunkz0r

n00bsauce
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx