gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WASSSSSSSSSUP!  (Read 4630 times)
ch0wdah
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 11:41:03 PM »

I'll give you half of my sandwich for it.
Unnormal
Prepare for the apocalypse.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 01:09:18 AM »

Sup Volkaxx how r things in RL?

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Volkaxx
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 02:57:33 AM »

Wassup Unormal. I am good man. I have been working on a theory for personal identity and the issue of immortality (with refrence to life after death). I shouldn't call it a theory. It is more that I am conceptualizing an idea and testing it against published theories. The basic idea is that human beings identify themselves through four types of conflict: Spiritual, Social, Physical, and Environmental. The idea I am toying with is that the "self", what you may call a soul or mind, is immaterial but existant. I assert that the "self" is a the sum of experiences, good and bad, both remembered and forgotten, and is ever evolving such that yoou are not who you were say twenty years ago but are instead the sum of your experience. I extend experience to be derived from conflict as conflict, good or bad, denotes an experience. The experience does not have to be physical and I am considering adding a fith tenet that includes Sensual to the list of conflict.

There are far too many factors to consider though and the whole thing makes my head hurt. I first must qualify the essence of self and that is proving enough of a problem. Real life is going good though man. I am getting healthier and the family is thriving. I lost something like 20 lbs over break just eating right (and more frequently) and now I am in the gym. I use to be pretty active before WoW and other stuff and just fell out of it. I got unhealthy quick and it just spiraled out of control. I will get back in shape but I have to endure the long, painful road back. Meh, serves my lazy ass right. I heard you guys are progressing in Gruul and stuff and that as a guild you are getting a lot stronger. I am glad to hear it! Sultress is a strong leader and the guild will go far under her guidance (not that it did not go far under the guidance of previous leadership).

I miss WoW at times, but I miss the people more than the game. I realize now that I was really addicted to the play and the social contact. I don't associate much with people in real life (mostly my own fault for getting addicted and letting RL relationships fade). I am working on that. I have a lot going on and I need to reign myself in. I have let a lot go and I cannot blame anyone but myself. True to form, I am still a prick and a smartass, but ultimately I like to think a loving one. I just have a cynical wit. I just need to curb it at times and not blurt it out like Shitdamncockballmonkeylover or something like that. I am pretty sure a lot of peeps are pissed at me for the HD-DVD stuff and dumping on OSU - they will get over it. I have never been one to apologize because I say what I mean and mean what I say...just perhaps I shouldn't say it *grins*.

Anyhow, I have to get back to this reading "A Dialogue on Personal Identity and Immotality" by John Perry. It is really short and an interesting book (though perhaps a bit morbid). I will pop on from time to time to say hi and occassionally to stir up the masses - though I will do so in good sport.

Anywho,

I have to make like a tree and leave.

Laters
Volkaxx
Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 03:11:59 PM »

This is weird...

http://www.campaignhd.com/080104_Warner_Paid.html

Guess the superior (inferior) format might win out on its merits (funding) alone.  Kudos to Blu-Ray adopters for bending to the will of Sony and cramming a shit format down the rest of our throats.

Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 04:50:27 PM »

Exactly what I said.  Sony has enough money to win no matter what.

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humphrey Bogart
Volkaxx
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 11:22:52 PM »

I concede defeat.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:35:10 PM by Volkaxx » Logged
Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 12:18:01 AM »

flip-flopper  Tongue

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: