gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quitting Smoking / Help  (Read 7915 times)
Turkley
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

Controlled Chaos

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 12:19:38 PM »

Download a girlfriend like me (Which Farkas did), then wait for a patch to come out a year later (after you grow attached to your new girlfriend add-on) in which girlfriend patch forces you to quit smoking and uninstall all cravings for a smoke...

Lmao... so technical... XD

Spoken like a true online addict.  I love it.
Amule
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 05:33:29 PM »

Thanks you guys. This is the first time I have seriously considered quitting smoking. But it's so difficult for me to even take the first step. Just reading your tips on how to quit makes me want to smoke! But I consider just letting the thought get into my head progress, so wish me luck!

Turkley

Controlled Chaos

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »

GL to you.  I know a fair amount of people who have had all kinds of different health problems related to smoking.  I hope it works out for you!
Farkas
WoW Member

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 05:50:02 PM »

ok  i downloaded a girl friend and didnt realise there was a patch but i did quit.
step 1. remove  any smokes ash trays lights that you may have "a real smoker will not trow away smokes so give them to a friend that smokes as long as that friend isnt going to be around for a couple of days"
step 2. get your self something for your hand  to do when u are walking up the street waiting for a bus  i used a yoyo.
step 3. play wow for 3 days straight if your not eating or sleeping play wow.
step 4. on the 4th day take your yoyo or what ever and go to where there are smokers if you havent had a smoke in the first hour you can go home and live a smoke free life
ps. you may want to keep the yoyo or what ever around for a while i stopped carrieing mine after about 2 months.
good luck

Kith

This space for rent

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 06:11:37 PM »

Well I got a g/f  ... guess you could try that? Kithari you watch your damn mouth!

Whaaaaaaaaaat?  Why would you assume that I would make a comment here?  O:)

Dog biscuits worked for Riggs in Lethal Weapon 3 or 2 or 79... one of those.

Seriously though, good for you Amule.  I've heard that dropping smoking is one of the toughest things you can ever go through and I wish you the best of luck with it.  On the plus-side, with so many places going smoke-free these days, if you quit you won't have to go stand outside and freeze to death in the middle of winter so you can get your fix.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:48:41 PM by Kith » Logged

Girls, girls - you're both pretty.
Volk
WoW Member

Me at Neuschwanstein Castle

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »

To be honest, you might go back to smoking a few times. When I quit, it was the third time that stuck.

~Bryan

Practice Safe Lunch, Use a Condiment.
gr0n
LAZER!
Wolverine Council

Space Rules

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »

Download a girlfriend like me (Which Farkas did), then wait for a patch to come out a year later (after you grow attached to your new girlfriend add-on) in which girlfriend patch forces you to quit smoking and uninstall all cravings for a smoke...

LOL that reminded me of a joke...  here it is:

http://www.jimpoz.com/jokes/girlfriend2.0.html

Good luck on kicking the habit Liz!  I hear the "Bodies" exhibit (http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/) has a display of a life-long smoker's lungs next to a non-smoker's and it might be enough to help convince you.  I've never smoked, so I can't really say how hard it could/will be, but I'm sure with a little willpower and some help from your (non-smoking) friends you'll be fine.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:56:01 PM by gr0n » Logged

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 12:58:57 AM »

I've never smoked a day in my life.  Grew up with a ton of guys that did, but never really had the desire.  That being said, one of my best friend's Patrick worked for a company that repaired and cleaned bronchial scopes.  He used to smoke about a pack to two packs a day.  One day he walks into the hospital he was picking up at and the doctor asks him to suit up and come in to one of the rooms so he can see what's wrong with the scope he is picking up.  He just thought he was going in to a clean room, not a patient room.  They were doing a scope of a guys lung who was in for lung disease due to smoking.  After he saw what this guys lungs looked like, he quit that day and never picked up another cig. 

One of the biggest things you have to do is learn to hate it.  Train your mind to think about how disgusting it is, how your fingers stink, your clothes stink.  How much money will you save by not smoking?  Put that into a retirement calculator and I'll bet that at your young age, you would have over a million dollars in a retirement fund by the time your 50.  Aside from saving your own life, this is a good choice for everyone around you.  I wish you the best of luck with this and hope you conquer that nastiness.  Quite a few woman in my life I brok up with because of smoking.

Oh and this might help......

http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/lungphotos.htm

Kastil
I have two fingers, I have four fingers.
WoW Member

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 04:13:33 AM »

Thanks you guys. This is the first time I have seriously considered quitting smoking. But it's so difficult for me to even take the first step. Just reading your tips on how to quit makes me want to smoke! But I consider just letting the thought get into my head progress, so wish me luck!

First step is always the hardest part.  Just crush whatevers left in your pack and toss it.  Believe me, it'll feel pretty good.  There was so many times in the 12 years I was smoking that I just kept telling myself "Alright, I'm gonna finish off this pack and then I'm done." And I'd finish the pack and just grab another.  Crush it, cut out smoking in your car and your apartment (if you smoke there) and anywhere close to where you work or live.  Make it hard to smoke and the natural laziness of humans will kick in and help you stop smoking.
I can't say I don't feem for one once in a while but each time I pass a point where I could smoke it gets easier.

thegout
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 03:03:15 PM »

I hope nobody is taking any advise from turkley, he's been smokin pole for years

Cheesy
Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 04:24:22 PM »

WHOAH!!!! LOOK WHAT THE CAT DRAGGED IN!!!

thegout
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 06:33:10 PM »

WHOAH!!!! LOOK WHAT THE CAT DRAGGED IN!!!

Wewt!! Wink
gr0n
LAZER!
Wolverine Council

Space Rules

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 06:57:48 PM »

Yeah The Gout!!!!!  Amazing return with the Turkley zing.  Brilliant!

Turkley

Controlled Chaos

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 02:19:17 AM »

How do I always end up a target?  Damn you The Gout.
ch0wdah
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 02:23:42 AM »

I hope nobody is taking any advise from turkley, he's been smokin pole for years

Cheesy

Dear The Gout,

GET IN GAME NOW!!!!!1!!!!11

love,

ch0wdah
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx