gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Real life trolling  (Read 2154 times)
thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

Starting a protometal band to raise HPV awareness

« on: November 10, 2011, 09:17:12 PM »

Ok, there is this book that comes out in Columbus called "The Hot 17" every year, they are up to volume 3 as if there are 51 good bands in any city in the world.  The people behind this thing generally glom on to musicians and don't offer much to the scene, they just like to be seen if that makes sense.  This dude Matt snuck in and nominated a bunch of stinky metal bands this year and with in the first day of us getting on to the list we are climbing up and past everyone else.  It's hard to explain why this would be hilarious unless you were involved in music in a city like Columbus, but it just is.  This is much like time I ended up on homecoming court in high school because some one thought it would be funny to nominate the stoned kid, and it was. 

So if you guys can do me a solid and vote for Bridesmaid it would be a huge help in some IRL Trolling.  If you really have time you can vote for Bridesmaid, Lo Pan, Locusta, Churches Burn and  Before the Eyewall. In doing so you would be helping to create a coffee table book full of bearded heshers that they will market to 20 year olds.  There is no registering required, you can vote for multiple bands but only vote once. 

http://www.thehot17.com/volume-3-nominations/
thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:18:33 PM »

There is a good chance that if we all win, we won't even follow through with it and get in the book. the winning part will be the funniest part in the end.  The rest may not be worth it, so the bands that care can get in still.
Kastil
I have two fingers, I have four fingers.
WoW Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 03:34:40 AM »

Lo Pan's in the top 12 too!

Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 03:43:02 AM »

speaking of trolling.

thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 04:36:41 AM »