gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aion  (Read 5873 times)
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 07:19:48 PM »

If anyone is interested in a free trial (very short, but might be enough for you), let me know.  There is currently a 3-day, level 7, or 7 hours trial.  I know it sounds goofy and pretty shitty, but it might be good for those who aren't sure if they might be interested.  Send me your email address and I will send you the trial invite.

Volk
WoW Member

Me at Neuschwanstein Castle

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 03:05:26 AM »

I'll give it a shot. bryan.koepl@us.army.mil

~Bryan

Practice Safe Lunch, Use a Condiment.
gr0n
LAZER!
Wolverine Council

Space Rules

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 08:07:49 PM »

After hitting level 25 I must say I have mixed feelings about Aion.  It's beautiful to look at...but yes, there's still the typical MMO-style grind involved.  However, there is a much more PvPvE spin to it (like Rothlan said), and it seems like they took a lot of the best from games like DAoC, WoW, EQ2, and even a little Planetside.  When you first get the game expect a very WoW/EQ2/Warhammer-like experience.  When you hit 25 you'll do your Abyss quests and get to see what PvPvE is all about.  Then you get to do a "Training Grounds" instance from 25-28, then after that you start going to the real PvPvE areas.  FYI you can get ganked even in the lower-level areas.

Imagine a Planetside-like MMO, where you conquer a base and then you can run an instance that's in the base.  Pretty fucking sweet eh?  Is it like Wow?  Yes...but it's different enough and more PvP oriented like PS and DAoC that it's worth it, IMO, even if there is a bit of a level grind.

Just my $0.02.

-gr0n

Arctic
Old

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 01:44:08 AM »

yea after the trial i figure i would go for Global Agenda insted.  Really pritty and all but im kinda done with faries and elfs for a bit

[yt=425,350]zLwUjyP-dkQ[/yt]

Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 03:38:22 AM »

That's pretty awesome.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx