gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Map Rotation  (Read 6700 times)
Dracneir
Spectaculous Magnifitude
WoW Member

We can't stop here, this is bat country!

« on: October 24, 2006, 03:42:52 AM »

Yeah --

I just wanted to throw out an idea I had for the map rotation. Urban only (save for a few exclusions to that rule), with an emphasis on conquest mode. As in only the following maps in the rotation: Fall of Berlin, Belgrade, Camp Gibraltar, Tunis Harbor, and Cerbere Landing. For good measure, having both Sidi Power Plant and Verdun on Titan mode would break the monotony of conquest only and add some good old vehicle focused fun.

Basically the reason I am putting this out is because I just straight don't enjoy playing on Minsk, Shuhia Taiba, or Suez Canal. The maps are so spread out that you get less points, the action is less, and the rounds a lot longer. So this is what (in my opinion) I think the rotation should be:

Belgrade
Camp Gibraltar
Cerbere Landing
Verdun (Titan mode)
Tunis Harbor
Fall of Berlin
Sidi Power Plant (Titan mode)

Again this is just my opinion. I like all of these maps and from my experiences so far they are all fairly balanced. Anyone have comments, questions, concerns, whatever? Post them here, I want to see what you think about the rotation. Feel free to critique it and add your own suggestions, too. Smiley

Phazis

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 04:01:59 AM »

I am not all that familiar with the maps since I have been playing on a calculator but I can tell you what it is right now.

Verdum cq 64 players
Minsk ti 48 players
Tunish Harbo cq 64 players
Shuhia Taib ti 48 players
Minsk cq 64 players
Sidi Power P ti 48 players
Shuhia Taib cq 64 players
Suez Canal ti 48 players
Sidi Pow cq 64 players
Verdum ti 48 players
Suez Canal cq 64 players

The whole thing was made random and all I was trying to do is create a mix.

Open for any ideas pleae

ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 05:45:20 AM »

Yeah I agree with Dracneir, the map rotation was a little more fun today, still some research into it, which I will help do as well to give a good and clear idea of what I think would be better. Mainly I have noticed Titan is not the fun it was in demo, the unlocks have changed it, while still fun and best for points, to much of it can get old. I would like a switch between conquest and titan more, rather then getting those titan titan maps back to back. Also the server resets on Minsk which is a very large and most open map, probably best thing to do is every so often change the starting map so we dont get even more hate on Minsk. I can say from my view I really really and already sick of Minsk lol, but that could also be that I am on in the afternoons getting the server started.

- - ZONK

Just want to also thank you guys for all the work you have put in so far on the server and the learning process involved, the server has been hours of fun, and look forward as WoW is behind me and BF2142 is front page now.

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 01:54:14 PM »

Awesome to hear ZONK....

ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 05:03:21 AM »

The map cycle has improved. This is just my opinion by the way, but since we are doing 2 rounds per map, I think it would be best if we cycled Conquest map then Titan map. I think that is the current cycle think we have a couple spots where we have 2 conquest bunched. Also this just my personal feelings that Suez Canal is one of those maps that can rub you the wrong way. The map has many problems providing many vehicles and no ground turrets on the cap points. If you are on a team where no one wants to be engineer you are owned and frustated. I wouldn't mind seeing that map go until they add some base defences.

- - ZONK

Phazis

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 06:06:40 AM »

Belgrade CQ
Verdum Ti
Camp Gibraltar CQ
Sidi Power Pl Ti
Cerbere Landi CQ
Minsk Ti
Tunis Harbo CQ
Suez Canal Ti
Fall Of Berlin CQ

The problem is we never complted one the whole run due to server crashes =(

Dracneir
Spectaculous Magnifitude
WoW Member

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 03:15:21 AM »

Perhaps since the server crashes so much we could change up the map cycle every few days or so? Just swap the map order to any sort of Conquest-Titan-Conquest-Titan rotation so that it wouldn't be stuck playing the first 5 maps perpetually.

Also I agree with ZONK about Suez Canal. I think that a map like Shuhia Taiba, although perhaps larger, is much better due to an abundance of AV turrets and choke points.

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 02:49:53 PM »

Perhaps since the server crashes so much we could change up the map cycle every few days or so? Just swap the map order to any sort of Conquest-Titan-Conquest-Titan rotation so that it wouldn't be stuck playing the first 5 maps perpetually.

That's actually a pretty good idea... swap the map rotation every couple days.  Last night I played at least one map I haven't been on yet and it was kind of cool. 

Phazis

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 07:52:26 PM »

I looked at some conquest maps we have in rotation in titan version and some of them look rly fun. Lets see if we can sawp something around?

DaveyCrockett
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 05:27:14 AM »

can you mix up the order like once a week, or every other to keep things fresh, I'm tired of always playing Tunis and Belgrade(not sure if that's the right name, the titan map in the country side)  And maybe trade out some titan version maps for there conquest version, and vice versa.
Kilo-Foxtrot
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 09:10:31 PM »

I think belgrade would be interesting on titan if its possible
Phazis

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »

Not all the maps have titan mode.
bit busy atm but you can find a list around, if someone can think of a different rotation than we have please post it here It's quite a pain in the ass to change it due to a bug with CC atm.

Dracneir
Spectaculous Magnifitude
WoW Member

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 09:17:50 PM »

Okay, Phazis requested I make another. With respect to what Davey said I'll totally change the starting lineup.

Fall of Berlin CQ
Sidi Power Plant TI
Suez Canal CQ
Cerbere Landing CQ
Minsk TI
Camp Gibraltar CQ
Verdun TI
Tunis Harbor CQ
Belgrade CQ
Shuhia Taiba TI

All 10 maps get into the rotation, as much as I dislike Shuhia Taiba and Minsk it really isn't that bad to play 2 rounds of them spread out. over 4 other rounds. I have played a little bit of Suez Canal on CQ and it's pretty good. Completely vehicle focused, and unlike Titan mode, there is a crapload of stationary ground and air defense. Also that way maps we rarely get to are higher up in the list while maps we play more often are lower. This would be an alternate rotation to change maybe every week or two:

Camp Gibraltar CQ
Verdun TI
Tunis Harbor CQ
Belgrade CQ
Shuhia Taiba TI
Fall of Berlin CQ
Sidi Power Plant TI
Suez Canal CQ
Cerbere Landing CQ
Minsk TI

I just switched the first half of the rotation with the second half. That way it follows the same order (so people can get used to it) but the server will start either at the beginning of at the halfway point of the rotation.

Phazis

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 01:33:13 PM »

I created two server profiles with both rotations. Will see how well it will work.

Phazis

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 01:37:05 PM »

I was also thinking for fun we could possibly try as a first map of a rotation a 32 player map. People that populate the server end up playing 8 player game on 64 player map.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx