gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reserved slots  (Read 1350 times)
Phazis

« on: October 26, 2006, 12:54:27 PM »

Everyone knows they don't work and here is why.

EA in their genius design decided to associate maximum number of reserved slots with the map size that the server is currently runing. Some people say its 20% but according to my observations it is 25% of the map size.
We have 38 man server that is runing a combination of 48 player maps (titan) and 64 player maps (concquest).

Now lets we take the 20% version and it is 48/5=9 64/5=12
So the server for 48 man map will reserve 9 maximum 9 slots and for 64 man server 12 of them.
48-9=39
39 people can connect to the server before reserved spots take an effect and that is 1 short of our entire server size for titan maps.
for conquest maps it looks even worse.

How to fix it? I have no idea, we asked for help one of the very experianced admins and he will look at our config files to see if anything can be done.
For now make sure you use darn xfire and if you see Me, Hawkes or Xt make sure you let us know you are trying to get in and we will make spot for you.
At any given time there are plenty of peopl that can be kicked... TKs, Dirty mounth, high pingers, Ralyk you name it...
We will do the best we can to keep it going and I hope we will find a fix for it at one point.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx