gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AlacrityPC - very cool utility  (Read 6697 times)
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 01:22:31 AM »

Any wisdom on how to configure this? Granted, I didn't read the help...so if that's where I should start, steer me that direction.

Otherwise, I went through the interface, made some custom modifications/configurations, started the utility....and then sat at this black Command Prompt screen w/ a couple of options.

I waited for about 20 min, then hit X to skip it...it did some stuff, finished, and I'm left with a GUI that looked identical to when I started the utility....

Did you start the game  before you clicked start?  I launch my game and while that is loading and the splash screens are going, I slick start on this and all is well.  Not sure if that's how it's supposed to happen, but it works for me.

Juggz
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 01:47:08 AM »

Thanks, guys. I devoted more time to it and was able to configure the utility. It's pretty sweet. i notice marginal improvements -- but for a free utility, it's not bad.
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 12:56:21 PM »

I just start it and then i am in the "barebones mode" and launch the game.

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 01:20:51 PM »

Anyone gotten AlacrityPC to work with WAR beta?  I set it up as I would for WoW pointing it to warpatch.exe, but as soon as warpatch opens Alacrity thinks it's finished and restores Vista to it's normal state.

I haven't had a chance to wade through the user guide yet.  I hope to have time today...

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humphrey Bogart
Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 01:32:32 PM »

So, after looking at the slim documentation, it seems like to get AlacrityPC to work with WAR as it's currently embodied I'd have to set warpatch.exe as Start Before then use a dummy program like notepad.exe as Monitored.  That way AlacrityPC will launch warpatch.exe then notepad.exe and only restore the system to normal after I've closed notepad.exe allowing warpatch.exe to run and in-turn auto-launch war.exe, which you can't run directly.

Sound right?

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humphrey Bogart
Juggz
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 09:27:20 PM »

That doesn't seem right, Troyer....You shouldn't have to do that. I don't have the app in front of me at the moment, but off the top of my head wasn't there an option about what to do after a monitored program launched...i'll take a look when i get home and post what i find.

I do know that in order to run TS and WoW, I had to launch WoW normally (as monitored) and then have TS launch after a 30s pause (also a monitored app). If I launched TS without the pause, WoW wouldn't run properly.
Juggz
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 11:41:59 PM »

Yea, I saw the setting I was thinking about, but it wouldn't affect what you're describing, Troyer. So....yea, I guess you have to do what you're doing.
Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 12:52:52 PM »

Because it's (it being WAR's beta client) engineered the way it is, I think that's the only way Alacrity's going to recognize it.  I config'd it this way last night and it ran fine.

Garenth
WoW Member

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 02:15:46 PM »

Because it's (it being WAR's beta client) engineered the way it is, I think that's the only way Alacrity's going to recognize it.  I config'd it this way last night and it ran fine.

Did you notice a big enough difference in performance from running this vs not running this?  If so, when are you coming over to set up my puter with this?!  Grin

I didn't do it, no one saw me!  You can't prove a thing!

Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »

Well, last night was the first time I ran it on my gaming machine at all so I'll have to try it out w/o Alacrity tonight.

Phat31198
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 07:15:59 PM »

Anyone Else find it very hard to Read anything Troyer says And also Notice that your eyes seem to go over to his Avatar every effin time -_-
Reddawn
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »

troyer needs to grow up he is a father now
Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 07:51:11 PM »

Don't hate me for my avatars or my proper grammar & spelling...

Arkanine
WoW Member

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 08:19:19 PM »

You have a link for FPS speed up??

"Oderint dum metuant" - "Let them hate me provided they fear me"
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx