gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo  (Read 1593 times)
ZONK
WoW Member

« on: November 04, 2009, 07:26:17 AM »

I figure I would do my duty and post about a new game some WOLVs could try. The Left 4 Dead 2 Demo is out for free on Steam, no need to pre-order or anything. The game is the same as Left 4 Dead but with visual improvements and more weapons. It is worth trying out if you never looked into Left 4 Dead. I personally won't be buying the game for sure until Valve does a 50% off sale. (I already brought Left 4 Dead for $50 and since the community already dead from the sequel, not jumping in this time.

Game concept: You are a human with 3 others attempting to fight through swarms of zombies, some of which will "disable you" requiring a teammate to safe you. This encourages teamwork and makes for "oh shit" times when the swarm gets out of control. Easiest way to describe it is pretend you are inside a Resident Evil movie using guns, melee weapons, and moltovs to keep the zombies away while you escape.

Best feature: Zombie gibbs are second to none, now when you blast someone in the back with a shotgun, the flesh flies off leaving exposed bones and organs. I have yet to see a game even attempt to animate/handle the amount of limbs, gibbs, guts, and just the ability to see through a zombie you just shot, while they try to get up and charge you again.

Worst feature: Buggy demo doesn't like single core processors, forcing it to try and do multithreading causing insta-crash. I had to spend couple hours trying to get my game to work. There is option to disable it, but wonderfully valve made it default back to on when you load map. (Game also doesn't like dual GPU cards requiring you to disable crossfire etc.) 4 person gameplay means you only want to play this game with friends, one crappy person that refuses to learn from his mistakes will end your game faster then a lightning bolt into an unprotected power supply.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:29:52 AM by ZONK » Logged

Paul
WoW Member

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 08:26:42 AM »

played the demo on x-box, i will be getting it if all five campaigns are playable on versus,

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx