gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MAG  (Read 18647 times)
ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 09:42:06 AM »

PS3 is better, it will own some shit in March with amazing games coming out.

How does this work exactly. It calls it a MMO, do you have to pay to play? Or does the 60 bucks all you ever pay since PSN is free (unlike that other console that I keep having more online problems with [fuckin live dropping games like crazy on mw2]).

It seems like a decent shooter, is there vehicle combat? Can you drive vehicles?

Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 12:25:20 PM »

No monthly fee, vehicle combat (yes you drive), turrets, spec points to spend in several different trees (heavy, sniper, electronics, close combat etc) but they are short trees. Can spec out in several different areas.

The engine is OK, it doesnt look as snazy as MW2 but the size of the maps and the amount of people in each match make up for it.

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 05:33:13 PM »

I don't understand the obsession with driving vehicles in fps's.  Isn't the point of an FPS to do something you can't do in real life?  Namely: Shoot motherfuckers in the face?

Driving is something most of us do on a daily basis in real life.  What's the deal? 

BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »

I don't understand the obsession with driving vehicles in fps's.  Isn't the point of an FPS to do something you can't do in real life?  Namely: Shoot motherfuckers in the face?

Driving is something most of us do on a daily basis in real life.  What's the deal?  

The cars we have "IRL" so to speak, don't have mortars or chaingun attachments!  Well, MINE doesn't anyway, all my taurus has outfitted is a top mounted BB gun to shoot at geese during the spring time.
ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 07:00:34 PM »

I enjoy the FPS part of games as well, but that just it, every game has FPS. It is also exactly the same or very close. I always enjoy learning the handling of a vehicle in real life and in games. Even if many games have vehicles every engine is different. Tribes 2 had one of the most unique systems. Unreal 2003 was good, Planetside was good for an MMO. Moving fast, larger explosions, running people over. Think it just that like in planetside sometimes you spent hour inside a base doing FPS, then you wanted some time after in a plane or tank to mix it up.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx