« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 24  (Read 6767 times)
Nightstalker
Fuck the Fed.
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

Hypnochest

« on: March 24, 2010, 07:53:16 AM »

Don't read if you don't want to know about 4-5 am.

Well I just watched it and must say it was interesting. I certainly had a chuckle when they were at the dock in the SUV, and the camera pans to the back seat and we find that there 2 guys with them. Naturally I knew these guys were going to die.

However, since Cole and the blond chick got caught up in the mess with killing the 2 guys at the lake, I was wracking my brain trying to figure out if there was a scenario in which they could justifiably get out of it. Much to my suprise I was taken aghast to discover that the blond is in fact working with the terrorists. Pretty entertaining.

First season watching 24, and though at points the expendability of the extras can be comical, its not too bad.

BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 02:17:10 PM »

Hahaha yeah we were joking when watching that part saying that those guys were definitely Red Shirts.  No way they are gonna have Jack or the other named Actor die at this point.

This season has proved to be pretty good thus far.  And yeah I didn't see Dana being a Mole (though I should have known better, hehe).
ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 04:34:15 PM »

I don't know the show just naturally gets itself into so many plot wholes. There are spoilers below this line if you don't want to know them dont read below:

At one point the episode before 4-5am they had the tauren guy trapped in the hotel. The SWAT and POLICE had a perimeter setup and were and were advancing on the building. I understand it is possible for them to be dumb and the guy own them in the building. The part that is a MAJOR failure, is that some random taxi drives into a police area, that also was shown when the bad guy looked out the window, was VOID of all cars when the police moved on him. In this situation, no cars would be allowed to enter the area, and a taxi? no, no way in hell. Sure you could say well the taxi guy came to the police permeter and shot the guy and made it past but it wasn't shown for time sake. Well then the peremeter would have been breached and they would have been alerted before the, "umm I was watching the overhead and btw there is a car parking pulling up at this second". That apparently only 3 people working the case at one time, heh.

I know it is a TV show, but it also tries to impact a real time system and real police strategies. There are others, but I just have to wonder what real anti-terror agents, police, and other people think of each of the humorous failures they make on the show, and how it reflects badly on the real agents.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:36:14 PM by ZONK » Logged

ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 04:49:20 PM »

Another one is the amazing probation officer. The dude is there forever, first it is laughable how he would be in there, and requesting database access and expecting it that second. Then it continues longer while the situation gets worse. Then after everything, the (censored for spoiling) thing goes off at CTU and (bad things get worse), and the dude is still there, still bugging, and still requesting to talk to the head of CTU? LOL, the guy would be told to get the fuck out and go away. Glad he finally died, because really no one cared what he was doing, he was just used to burn screen time during travel. As for the twist with Dana, I think it bad. Little out stretched of apparently she already had some issues in USA, and changed her history, which would make some weird effects on her background checks. Now she apparently has been in contact with the bad guys for even longer? So now the background check is even more strange. Could be me being ignorant and thinking in real life these guys would have been caught 4 or 5 times by now.

Nightstalker
Fuck the Fed.

Hypnochest

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:05:25 AM »

Looks like this will be the last season.

It's been cancelled

ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 07:24:16 AM »

Yeah I saw that it said 10 more hours, Final Season. Keither sutherland has publicly shown he is kinda growing tired of the roll so it makes sense. There wasn't as many wholes in this one, just : Dana calling the badguy inside CTU on a government phone running through a monitored personal tower, the office they broke into to access his laptop was apparently unlocked and the computer was logged-in and the detailed mission file were already unencrypted.

Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 02:21:25 PM »

We've known since before last season ended that this would be the last season.  Fox wanted more but the 24 people decided not to run the franchise into the ground.  There are serious talks of a 24 movie, though.  It's hard to get excited about a 2 hour 24 movie (presumably titled "2") when there will be nearly 200 hours of 24 the show to re-watch.

Nightstalker
Fuck the Fed.

Hypnochest

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 07:51:25 PM »

Oh snap. 2 consecutive episodes ended out with silent counters.

I suspected that she was going to die, but I didn't forsee Hassan dying.

ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 01:30:18 AM »

Was one of the better episodes. Not much they screwed up in this one. I have to feel bad for Jack though. He is the black death, anything he has sex with dies. The D cup will be missed...

Nightstalker
Fuck the Fed.

Hypnochest

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 06:49:40 AM »

Do they have any movies planned for "24" ?

I'm kind of curious if they might have intentions to kill Jack as a finale twist.

ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:44:34 AM »

Yep the movie is already green lighted.

http://www.hollyscoop.com/movies/24/24-movie-gets-the-greenlight_1950.aspx#axzz0l9WIRXLq

They won't follow a real-time structure. It won't be a prequel. Earliest would be end of next year, but probably 2012 summer is estimated. Depends how much of a break the main cast wants.

BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 02:01:31 PM »

Depends how much of a break the main cast wants.

You mean Keifer and Mary Lynn? Tongue  Although I guess that isn't completely fair, Kim is still around as are a few other people (keeping out spoilers for those who haven't seen this weeks yet).
Nightstalker
Fuck the Fed.

Hypnochest

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 05:31:29 PM »

I like the direction this season has gone. And being my first season watching it, its a shame that it's in it's last season.

Jack has shown to be a nasty savage at times in the past few episodes, and that's made for some good T.V.    I like that the rulebook is thrown out on cookie cutter characters with the series, as it makes for good T.V., since I don't know everything that's going to play out.   

I thought it was awesome when Jack shot that CTU russian plant, because I then had to rethink on what direction the show could actually go.

Not to mention him torturing and gutting that sniper was fucking awesome too Smiley

BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 06:48:21 PM »

I concur, there were some things about the beginning of the season I wasn't a huge fan of (mostly anything with Dana Walsh) but the last 6 weeks have been keeping me very interested.

I can't wait for the finale next week, though it saddens me that it will be the last 24 TV episode.
ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 07:14:38 PM »

I agree, but also gave up one pointing out every time they screwed up real world stuff. Like how easy it was for Jack to get that president lol. I also am wondering how they plan to get Jack out of this, he has some crazy serious crimes, no matter what cover-up taking a president like that is just automatic prison for life.

EDIT: Now that I think about it the current president is just going to pardon Jack once she finally has the "ah I was dumb to listen to the bad people".

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx