gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMO - Good Source site  (Read 1971 times)
skeanthu
« on: August 21, 2006, 07:45:15 PM »

I have been cruising this site (http://www.mmoz.com/) a little over a year for good up-to-date info on games.  They bring it all to one spot, which is nice considering all of them out there.

Some that I like that are coming down the pike... The Chronicles of Spellborn, Warhammer, Pirates of the Burning Sea (might be just what some wolvies need  Roll Eyes ), Star Trek (ways off still), Age of Conan, Lord of the Rings, and Vanguard. 

I Alpha 2 tested Vanguard when they were still with Microsoft, right before they left and went to Sony.  It was a grand experiment, very pretty, but played so unbelievably bad I quit testing after 3 weeks.  I got an email asking why I had not logged in, and wrote them a 8 paragraph detail of what and where they were sucking, and have not heard back from them  Grin.  I am just amazed with all the tools these companies have at their finger-tips, they half ass things to a point where you are watching the toolbar more than watching what is going on with your toon.  Immersive my ass, if I wanted that kind of torture I would have married into Red's family and claimed myself a christian democrat.  They also took a beautiful world and set it on servers so laggy, it was like playing a 1890s slide show.

Vanguard does remind me a lot of EQ2, but many more classes, crafting, and other things they consider new features.  Truly it is going to be EQ on steroids, and hopefully I will get into the new beta for being forthcoming and honest about my previous experience during Alpha 2 testing.

Anyway good to be back and remember one thing about MMOs, have fun!
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 01:12:23 AM »

We need more sci fi games.

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
skeanthu
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 02:43:06 AM »

I whole-heartedly agree, would love a world as big as Eve, with a side of Planetside, a dash of Battlefield 2142. 

BTW here is a teaser of Warhammer, just a lil movie they threw together:

http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/media/video/easterEggs/WAR_Promo_081606.html
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 05:20:59 AM »

Hmmm...the movies always make it look so good.  But that just looks like another rehash of the fantasy world of warcraft type stuff.

Personally I'm still kind of looking forward to Huxley  http://www.webzengames.com/Game/Huxley/default.asp

But havent been following it too much lately.

Also, anyone heard anything new about that other one called Tabula Rasa?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 05:28:17 AM by Stugots » Logged

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx