gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hell, Its about time  (Read 2873 times)
Arctic
Old

« on: May 20, 2007, 12:33:47 AM »

Blizzards big anouncement   Not a mmo but an RTS   Starcraft 2

[yt=425,350]aUXoekeDIW8[/yt]

or go to   http://www.starcraft2.com/  for a cleaner trailer art work all that stuf

Clifton
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:48:12 AM »

so is this supposed to replace starcraft ghost? cause i was really dissapointed on how they cancelled ghost
Glacius
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 11:19:49 PM »

<3

This announcement totally justifies the cancellation of Starcraft Ghost. RTS fans have been dreaming of a true sequel to Starcraft for the past decade. I hope all this waiting will be worth it.
Armonde
WoW Member

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 02:53:12 AM »

I would have liked to have Ghost AND SC2, but SC2 will probably be worthing of enshrinement so I can forgive them. They did something similar before WC3 (thralls adventure) and WC3 rocked hardcore. The big question is, are they going to have an expansion in the works at release? Because if I remember, both SC and WC3 had expansions come out within two years of release, maybe even just one.
Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 04:01:33 AM »

I dont think SC2 will take as long as some people are expecting. The engine is already in place, all they need to do is update the graphics on it, and polish it up with a couple new units etc. They already have the pre established unit balance tables from the prior SC, so its not like that big hurdle will be there, save balancing what new units are integrated, but for the most part you can see most of the units are in from SC.

what I want to see is diablo 3 damnit
AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 09:20:36 AM »

Yea I would of rather seen a new diablo 3 insted of Starcraft. Sure its a good game and alot of people been wanting it for a while but I dont really see much in the lines of replay value unless your into player vs player fights but aside from that there just isnt much to the game.

Maybe someday they will do a new diablo with updated graphics and a new story line and so forth. Id almost like to see the game become a full 3d style game insted of the standard over the head view starcraft and past diablos had.

Bleezy
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 11:58:41 AM »

As I am not a Korean Teenager, I could care less about Starcraft.

WHERE THE HELL IS THE THREE VIKINGS REMAKE???
Armonde
WoW Member

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 03:14:45 PM »

If they end up making Diablo 3, I will need to buy another computer, so one can be dedicated to SC2 24/7 and one for Diablo 3.
Glacius
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 10:27:51 PM »

Yea I would of rather seen a new diablo 3 insted of Starcraft. Sure its a good game and alot of people been wanting it for a while but I dont really see much in the lines of replay value unless your into player vs player fights but aside from that there just isnt much to the game.

Maybe someday they will do a new diablo with updated graphics and a new story line and so forth. Id almost like to see the game become a full 3d style game insted of the standard over the head view starcraft and past diablos had.
Well, Starcraft's main attraction was always its multi-player gameplay. The campaigns were fun, but people didn't play the game for 10 years just for those.

I'm interested to see if they can still keep the perfect balance Starcraft had with the new additions. I'm disappointed that they didn't try to add another race or faction, but they admitted that balancing four races (WC3) is much more difficult than balancing three. And considering that WC3's races aren't as balanced as SC's (humans have an edge) despite their efforts, it's understandable that would return to the three race setup.

Furthermore, I kind of miss watching those crazy Koreans micro.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx