gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: We Win  (Read 17640 times)
Redbear8
WoW Member

where's the honey?

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2008, 05:54:08 PM »

I know why they picked Palin, as does anyone who payed any sort of attention to the Race. I don't think they thought the Palin choice all the way through, but I don't think it was the worst choice anyone could have made. I'm not entirely opposed to her religious views though, so that's not really as much of a factor for me as it is for some of you. Her experience isn't a real issue for me, she has experience, though maybe not as much as some would like.

Randoru hates gay people, you read it here first. 

I've never claimed otherwise, thank GOD it's my right to hate them if I so choose. They have the right to be gay if they like, and I have the right to not like it.

Actually I like Gay people. I've always liked you Red!

Huckabee was my Preacher growing up. He was my top pick from the start.

"To open one's mouth indiscriminately brings shame, and there are many times when people will turn their backs on such a person."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Reddawn
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2008, 06:02:20 PM »

I wish...I could double my dating pool that way
Arctic
Old

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2008, 06:08:43 PM »

I wish...I could double my dating pool that way
All you have to do is find someone to date you, then you go form one to two, doubling your dating pool

thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

Starting a protometal band to raise HPV awareness

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2008, 06:58:54 PM »

I know why they picked Palin, as does anyone who payed any sort of attention to the Race. I don't think they thought the Palin choice all the way through, but I don't think it was the worst choice anyone could have made. I'm not entirely opposed to her religious views though, so that's not really as much of a factor for me as it is for some of you. Her experience isn't a real issue for me, she has experience, though maybe not as much as some would like.

Randoru hates gay people, you read it here first. 

I've never claimed otherwise, thank GOD it's my right to hate them if I so choose. They have the right to be gay if they like, and I have the right to not like it.

Randoru makes unsubstantiated claims about the afterlife and he hates gay people, you read it here first.   
Turkley
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

Controlled Chaos

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2008, 07:01:26 PM »

I'm with you Rand.  I hate gay people too.  So if you are gay and you show up to my front door, the only thing you are going to get a response from is my AK-47.
Nightstalker
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »

I'm with you Rand.  I hate gay people too.  So if you are gay and you show up to my front door, the only thing you are going to get a response from is my soft air pistol.

Fixed.

Under Obama, best thing you will have rights to when defending yourself against a homosexual onslaught is a pellet gun.

Kith
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

This space for rent

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 07:20:02 PM »

I'm with you Rand.  I hate gay people too.  So if you are gay and you show up to my front door, the only thing you are going to get a response from is my AK-47.

AK-47?  Is that what you call it these days?

I for one am happy that Obama won.  He had a great campain and he is a very charismatic speaker.  He also has some decent ideas.

But, I don't see it as a big ray of hope and sunshine.  Honestly, I am willing to bet we are facing the same difficulties 4 years from now that we are facing today.  Unfortunately, in politics when someone says 'we need to work together to fix these issues', what a politian usually means is 'I am going to make a policy and everyone should agree with it'.  That, and a lot of his policies don't exactly seem to be going against the 'status quo', alot of them are ideas that have been brought up before.

But.. I also hope that he proves me wrong and all become rich and drive cars that run on dreams.  Smiley

Nick's dead-on.

And JT is right -- having an eloquent speaker being the face for our country is far from a bad thing(and it's been a hell of a long time since we had one), but we had just better hope that he has the brain to back-up that speaking presence.  If anyone has ever had a chance to alter the course of the country, it has to be Obama.  He has the presidency, both sides of Congress are controlled by his party AND he has impassioned supporters willing to listen and do their part to make a difference.  

Unfortunately for him, Obama has also set himself up to fall hard.  His campaign was built around the word "change", which someone mentioned that Obama supporters had a hard time defining what that translated to in real life.  The reality is that he is inheriting, unless several miracles befall the U.S. in the next two months, a substantial economic situation and two wars -- neither of those are things that will be solved quickly, short of the aforementioned miracle.  It will certainly be a mammoth of a task to handle both of these situations (I'm not saying to conclusion, just to handle them responsibly) and still bring improvements to the lives of American citizens such that they feel he has delivered on his promise of change, and all of that within the next four years.

Honestly, I hope he does pull it off, I would love to see it all work out and our country could sure use it.  Personally, I don't think he and McCain (yes, I know JT, "GOOK!!") were that far apart on a number of issues so I wasn't going to be overly upset with whoever won last night.  However, I would have preferred better VP candidates from each of them (I'm sorry, I don't trust Biden and being a diabetic, I'm pro-stem-cell which means that Sarah Palin thinks I'm the devil).

Side-bar:  Would someone tell Oprah to shut the fuck up.

Lastly, an idea: stop being African-Americans, Mexican-Americans, European-Americans, Chinese-Americans and just be Americans.

Girls, girls - you're both pretty.
Redbear8
WoW Member

where's the honey?

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2008, 07:24:41 PM »

Oh come on now. Turkles junk is bigger than a pellet gun. At least give him .22 credit. Besides, I don't think you showing them your wang will frighten them Turkles. Tell them about how if they step inside you can convert them to straight. You can cure their desire for "teh peniz"

"To open one's mouth indiscriminately brings shame, and there are many times when people will turn their backs on such a person."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Reddawn
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2008, 07:34:34 PM »

All you have to do is find someone to date you, then you go form one to two, doubling your dating pool

get a job hippy
Gristle
WoW Member

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2008, 07:42:35 PM »

Couple points here.

Obama is bi-racial.  Why, o Chosen Ones, do we call him black?  Is this your own closet rascist coming out perhaps that views anyone with any black heritage or blood as not good enough to be called white, that they are automatically 'black'?  Why isn't he bi-racial, or mixed...or better yet just our next President?

Second...someone pointed this out, but it is so often forgotten.  You have the right to be queer, and I have the right to not like you because of it.   Why do liberals feel like everyone MUST ACCEPT their viewpoint and agree with them?  Just because you like whacking off with sand paper doesn't mean I have to do it to, and it doesn't make me wrong for not liking to do it.

That is all.
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2008, 07:53:42 PM »

Couple points here.

Obama is bi-racial.  Why, o Chosen Ones, do we call him black?  Is this your own closet rascist coming out perhaps that views anyone with any black heritage or blood as not good enough to be called white, that they are automatically 'black'?  Why isn't he bi-racial, or mixed...or better yet just our next President?

Because that is what the media has been reporting for...months and months?  And, IIRC when the subject of history being made (by us voting in the first black president) is discussed, it isn't his white side that creeps into that discussion.  And....furthermore, MOST people in this country are bi-racial.  Being bi racial is no big deal.  On a daily basis you probably walk by hundreds of bi-racial people every day.  I am.  But if I were to become president...who cares what race I am? 

Calling people on this board who talk about him in this way "Closet Racists" is a bit overboard, and I sure as hell don't appreciate it.

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
Reddawn
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2008, 07:53:50 PM »

Yeah...he's not black...Turkley has darker nipples than Obama!
Gristle
WoW Member

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »

The fact is he isn't 'black' anymore than he is 'white' if you want to get technical, yet people automatically classify him as being black.  Regardless of the fact that his mother is white.  Ask yourself why does our society label him 'black' and tell me the answer.

Sorry Turkley, but if you don't see why this is wrong I don't know what to tell you.  There is nothing wrong with being bi-racial, my children's aunt is bi-racial.  Yet it seems our liberal media loves to seize on the 'black' side of the man, and I don't understand why he is classified as being black when he clearly isn't.

Of course this also brings up the point of why aren't we all just Americans, I don't feel the need to run around and try to get special benefits by calling myself German-American.  But that's a dead horse already.
Redbear8
WoW Member

where's the honey?

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2008, 08:08:38 PM »

I'm all for calling him Black if it means the first black president has been voted into office, and we can get past all the "White man never lets me get ahead" mentality.

As of right now a Black man has gotten as far as anyone could hope to get in this country, and no one held him back. Maybe this will be the catalyst towards a new togetherness as Americans.

Now, if it will only work in practice instead of wishful thinking.

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo
thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

Starting a protometal band to raise HPV awareness

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »

I won't be happy untill a black man knocks up Sarah Palin. 

REPERATIONS!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx