gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Drive issue  (Read 2569 times)
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« on: May 06, 2006, 06:57:17 PM »

OK... I'm pretty good at working through things myself, but this has me stumped.  I was upgarding my SBS 2003 box yesterday (Small Business Server) to SP1.  Everything was fine after that.  The next thing I needed to update was my .net from 1.1 to 2.0.  After that my CD drive will not recognize that a CD is in it.  I cehcked properties under AutoStart, AutoRun, updated the driver, checked the registry setting for AutoRun and everything appears to be fine but it just doesn't work.  I tried to explore what's on the CD and it says to insert a CD.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 08:55:20 PM »

Only thing i could think of is that your CD drive just craped out. My grandmothers cd drive basicly did the same thing a few days ago but she also fried the tray itself where it wouldnt close but would still open. But im not a computer person so :/

Thakard
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 02:39:39 AM »

wierd same thing happened to me yesterday.  It won't rip music from a CD, it won't autorun, and it won't explore.  But, I can still listen to a cd with it.
Arctic
Old

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 03:12:28 AM »

ok now this is odd my kids computer. 6 yrs old both the CD  and the DVD are not recanized by the computer,  I got an Error 39 I think.  I figured it was just old . Theres hasent been hooked up to the Internet for about 3 yrs now..  I would like to know what your awnser its to fix it

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 04:57:58 AM »

Thak and Arctic,

Your problems are easy fixes.  Just search microsoft's KB... especially with the error code arctic.

Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 04:43:02 PM »

Yeah hawkes, my guess is the drive has taken a shit on you.  Pull it out, throw it in another box and see if it works there.  I'm thinking the timing of its death relative to your software upgrades may be coincidental.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx