gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need a ride  (Read 18432 times)
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« on: February 16, 2009, 02:19:17 PM »

Had to sell my Grand Am due to a blown head gasket. Dont want to sink any more time/money in a car i dont even like.
I am looking for a new ride. Dont know if you knucklheads have anything for sale or know anyone with anything for sale but i figured i would post and see.
Looking to stay UNDER 5k.
In a perfect world i could find a 94-98 mustang gt black with less than 100,000 miles.

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 06:22:43 PM »

How do you feel about a black, 2 door, 96 Civic with very recently rebuilt engine and tranny (by yours truly), tokico suspension, brembo rotors and pads, and a set of Fuzion ZRi's with full tread?  There are more new parts on this thing than old.  Trust me, I replaced them myself.  Axle shafts, strut tower brace, all new hoses, all new belts, all new hardware under the hood (I'm not exaggerating either, I replaced every rusted bolt with stainless grade 8 when I did the rebuild), new alternator, new distributor, new fuel pump, new exhaust (catback), new tie rods, new engine mounts, new Clarion stereo, new blah blah blah.  You get the idea.

This beast has a good 250,000 miles left in it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 06:30:42 PM by Jim Tressel » Logged

Jim Tressel

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 06:26:11 PM »

Also, how handy are you with a wrench?  I've got an 89 Cherokee 2 door laying around that I don't really feel like working on. 

Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:23:46 PM »

How do you feel about a black, 2 door, 96 Civic with very recently rebuilt engine and tranny (by yours truly), tokico suspension, brembo rotors and pads, and a set of Fuzion ZRi's with full tread?  There are more new parts on this thing than old.  Trust me, I replaced them myself.  Axle shafts, strut tower brace, all new hoses, all new belts, all new hardware under the hood (I'm not exaggerating either, I replaced every rusted bolt with stainless grade 8 when I did the rebuild), new alternator, new distributor, new fuel pump, new exhaust (catback), new tie rods, new engine mounts, new Clarion stereo, new blah blah blah.  You get the idea.

This beast has a good 250,000 miles left in it.

Price on teh civic? Thing sounds pretty solid lol. Good body? Is it a hatchback? Auto or Manual? Tell me about the motor.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 07:42:49 PM by varg » Logged

Jim Tressel

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 07:54:44 PM »

I'm guessing around $4k.  I sold it to The Gout last January when I got the Miata.  It had 8,000 miles on the rebuild at that point.  Body is in good shape.  2 door coupe.  Standard 5 speed.  Stock D16y8 motor, but like I said, it's all new rings, bearings, gaskets, and all well within factory spec.  Had the head professionally machined with new valves, valve seals, 3-angle seating, cam seals, and the list goes on.

He recently sold his Vette and purchased a new G8 GT so he no longer needs the Civic for his day-to-day driving.  I was going to buy it back off of him for my sister, but in the interest of saving money I'm going to try to get my brother's 94 Cherokee running again for her.  I'll let him know you are interested.  PM me your e-mail addy if you'd like to get talking with him directly.

Snackcakes
GO BUCKS!
WoW Member

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:57:14 PM »

how much for your heart caleb? i know v-day has passed, but i can still hope right?

My faith in you shall never falter again.
thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

Starting a protometal band to raise HPV awareness

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 08:01:17 PM »

This thread has gone on pretty long with out any your mom jokes.  Kinda surprising. 
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 08:11:21 PM »

I'm guessing around $4k.  I sold it to The Gout last January when I got the Miata.  It had 8,000 miles on the rebuild at that point.  Body is in good shape.  2 door coupe.  Standard 5 speed.  Stock D16y8 motor, but like I said, it's all new rings, bearings, gaskets, and all well within factory spec.  Had the head professionally machined with new valves, valve seals, 3-angle seating, cam seals, and the list goes on.

He recently sold his Vette and purchased a new G8 GT so he no longer needs the Civic for his day-to-day driving.  I was going to buy it back off of him for my sister, but in the interest of saving money I'm going to try to get my brother's 94 Cherokee running again for her.  I'll let him know you are interested.  PM me your e-mail addy if you'd like to get talking with him directly.

Can you post some pics?

Jim Tressel

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 08:54:37 PM »

Oh, I got pics alright....

Jim Tressel

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »

But you're probably talking about pics of the car.  Here's my LOA thread during the rebuild with some pics.

http://www.thewolverines.net/forums/index.php?topic=1435.0

I've been digging around and I'm having a hard time finding pictures of the car after all the detail work I did.  I'll keep looking.

Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 09:13:54 PM »

very clean. Well thing is, really have my mind set on a Mustang, but that looks like it would be a really clean reliable car that will probably last longer than i will.
Once i have learned that i cant get a brand new 1997 cobra for 3000 dollars I might come to reality and this will be  a good car.

Jim Tressel

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »

You don't want a Mustang.  The only reason to want a Mustang is so you can make a bunch of noise, go fast in a straight line, and wrap yourself around a tree at the first sight of rain or a turn.  Also, it adds credibility to the mullet.

The Civic gives 30mpg city, 38 highway.  It will run til the end of time.  Parts are plentiful and cheap.  And with the suspension, brakes, and tires, the thing is fun as shit to thrash around in.  Ask Gron or Turk, I used to beat up on the Mercedes guys at our autocrosses in this guy.  Maybe not as badly as Turk in his stupid-machine or Gron with his perfectly symmetrical drivetrain, but awfully respectable times for a 1.6 liter econocar nonetheless.

thrun
Metal God
WoW Member

Starting a protometal band to raise HPV awareness

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 09:27:45 PM »

Also, it adds credibility to the mullet.

Mainly if it's yellow and you have a bud light sticker or peace frog on it. 
Reddawn
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 09:44:07 PM »

WTF are the mullets in North Augusta gonna tease you if you drive an import?
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 10:16:50 PM »

WTF are the mullets in North Augusta gonna tease you if you drive an import?

Yes. And i want a mustang. Its in my South Carolina blood. Its easier to not fight it and let the mulletness out than it is to hold it in.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx