gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COD: MW2 - A Varg Review  (Read 8172 times)
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« on: November 11, 2009, 02:40:49 PM »

I went ahead and got it last night (for pc of course). I only played multiplayer, but played for about 3 hours. Here are some of my thoughts:

- The lack of the dedicated servers sucks. There is no getting around that. That being said, I was only "migrated" from the host dropping 2 times during 3 hours, and only had on experience with lag. I think this would be less of a problem if when we played, we started by someone hosting and then everyone joined them.

+ Being on steam, it was easy to find red and join his game. Only problem here is that there are so many people playing, every match is full. So if you want to join someone else, you might as well both disconnect and rejoin at same time or one of you host. Kind of annoying but the ease of finding people makes this a plus. I did notice that it is possible to start a "party" . Makes me think we can play as an group like this. Eager to try that.

- I suck balls at sniping.

+ The game is beautiful. It is absolutely hands down the most realistic looking fps I have ever played. Its more colorful and less "brown" that COD4.

+ The maps are well thought out and most of the environment is interactive. One map is on top of skyscraper, on in an airport.

+ The achievements. I am an achievement whore, the sheer amount of different achievements is staggering. "50 headshots with a submachinegun while prone" etc etc. Also, at the end of the match it gives you these badges if you did something special for the match "most headshots" "best kill/death ratio" "lowest altitude" etc. You also get additional achievement-titles that you can use for your call sign. There are TONS of these.  It not immediately apparent how to unlock them, but you get ones like "Firepower" with an image of a gun, "vouyer" with and image of a girl in a bikini.... tons of these, and when you kill someone, it shows them your name, your rank, your title. Very cool, it adds another level of depth to multiplayer that brings that crack like addiction.

+ Customizable killstreak rewards. c-130 gunship, patriot missile (you control), nuclear strike, stealth bomber, harrier strike, tons more, all customizable. You unlock them and equipt which ones you want.
There are lots and lots of additional extras that make this a lot of fun.  All in all its really worth the 60 bucks.

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
Reddawn
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 03:04:07 PM »

I agree for the most part. The maps might be a tad small. It seemed like I would spawn and take 5 steps BAM....dead.
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 03:42:28 PM »

So are you saying I should spend $60 on this or not?

Reddawn
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 03:59:37 PM »

yeah it's worth it. I am just really bad at these games so I think I screw myself
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 04:01:36 PM »

It is worth the 60 easy. I didnt have the problem that red had, might have just been bad luck. Get it, you will not regret it.

Unnormal
Prepare for the apocalypse.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 07:43:20 PM »

Is anyone else playing on xbox? I'm loving the game so far

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 08:11:03 PM »

FOR FUCKS SAKE YOU BOUGHT IT ON XBOX?Huh? REALLY?

Reddawn
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 08:21:03 PM »

Time to vote UN-KNOW off the island.
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 08:24:47 PM »

When you were at the store and you had the choice between the xbox version and the pc version, did you ask yourself "WWVD?" Obviously not.

Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 08:46:49 PM »

Is anyone else playing on xbox? I'm loving the game so far

Kinda disappointed here as well.

I'll go cry in my pizza.

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
Snackcakes
GO BUCKS!
WoW Member

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 02:27:22 AM »

I'd say the single player is worth the 60 bucks. The maps are great and the game play is fantastic. You get to use a mini gun right at go, climb a mountain with ice axes, drive a snowmobile and kill all kinds of things. as varg said, best and well thought out fps i've ever played

My faith in you shall never falter again.
Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 04:09:54 AM »

AGREED.  The campaign is fantastic!  I'll just say this:  There's a level called "Wolverines!".

Arctic
Old

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 07:39:41 AM »

Time to vote UN-KNOW off the island.
Second

JackelMaster
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 07:53:55 AM »

Look me up for Xbox my tag is Madbunny275. Now that makes two of us  Angry

Someway, somehow, and someday you will see me again
Redbear8
WoW Member

where's the honey?

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 06:49:42 PM »

I'm buying it for xbox as well.

"To open one's mouth indiscriminately brings shame, and there are many times when people will turn their backs on such a person."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx