gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Age old question - XBOX or PS3?  (Read 11305 times)
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« on: November 26, 2012, 03:29:45 PM »

OK.... thinking of replacing/adding to the Wii for the kids... XBOX or PS3?  More than likely I will also play some games on it.  We also have the Amazon Prime on our Amazon account and can get the free movies streamiing if we go PS3.  So far, the PS3 is in the lead bevcause of that.

Discuss

Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 05:01:43 PM »

PS3 all the way. Add to the +'s that it is still the best bluray player on the market.

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
JackelMaster
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 06:30:12 PM »

I have both and I like the Xbox better for Online gaming. I believe it has a better User Interface. but PS3 has more to offer as an entertainment system.

So I say PS3 if you want to gift yourself in addition to getting something for the kids.

Someway, somehow, and someday you will see me again
Troyer
\m/ (>.<) \m/
WoW Member

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 02:09:10 PM »

If you use a Windows Media Center HTPC Xbox is the way to go.

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humphrey Bogart
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »

Also of note, XBOX Live is not free, PSN is.

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
RedDawn

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 02:09:25 AM »

xbox. ps3 is dumb. I have both the online experience of the xbox is superior.

start pulling out and you can afford shit you mongrels

Honey Badger don't give a fuck....
Arctic
Old

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 03:30:46 AM »

PS3.

Phat31198
Phat!
Planetside Member

Her PHATs are PHAT

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 10:25:05 PM »

+1 to pull out method.

+1 to Xbox having better Online too.

I happen to use my PS3 as my media server. using "PS3 Media Server" I can play anything. It is like having VLC on PS3.

Never tried to use the xHype 3shitty as a media streamer...I keep that reserved for Shooters. I must say if I am going to play a shooter and it aint on the PC...It most definately will be on my Xhype 3shitty.

I can never get over how piss poor consoles are to begin with...I wanted to play some MW2 real quick since my servers are down at the moment while I continue to move, but wait I have to install a fuck ton of updates just to play the damn game.

Plus Paying for the ability to play online is horse shit.

WTF does Xbox live give me that PSN doesn't? I shit ton of children shouting expletives in my ear...half of which they do not even know how to spell?!?!?

Match making/dedicated servers in BF3 that people have to pay monthly for to begin with.

Ok back on target sorry I started going all FUCK CONSOLE PC rocks on you.

My opinion is that the PS3 will provide you and your kids with tons of shit to do. I barely play console games, but my PS3 is on every damn day of the week. Either to watch netflix/stream or play some little big planet or some other goofy fucking game that isn't on xbox. Also the Xbox will be getting a refresh sooner than the PS3, so I would expect that the PS3 will last longer before they stop making games for it.

Also the PS3 like stated above has a blu ray player built right in.
It does not require a proprietary HDD so if you need more space you just run a backup to a thumb drive and then strap on a motherfucking TB drive and call it a day.
The PS3 doesn't suffer from RROD...it had a YLOD, but it happens less frequently. -_-
Sony pretty much pioneers every great improvement of technology since I have been around...The Walkman...The CD/CD-R/DVD/etc...Playstation...Anti-Skip protection...I know they did not invent the MP3 player, but they were the first to create a mass produced product here in the US.

Damn, sound like a fanboy...but I fucking hate consoles period.

Also Microsoft is a whore...Their Direct X box is just a POS that should have died...had it not been for Halo...it would be a memory like Jaguar -_-

RedDawn

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 02:32:10 AM »

Phat stop trying to be clever. xHype 3shitty? Ham-fisted.

Don't forget Sony routinely gets hacked so your credit card information can be had for all. Then gigantic outage that cost them $171 million dollars due to hackers.

When I used to watch pirated movies on the 360 it was able to play everything I put to it. I have used ps3 media server but have stopped because AppleTV and AirVideo does a better job.

Also if 50 bucks for a superior online experience is a deal breaker then maybe you fucks shouldn't be buying a game consoles and handfuls of games and get your priorities straight.

Arctic
Old

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 05:17:34 AM »

Think Reds Dick may be bigger on this one, expecially the 50 dollar part.  I prefer the PS3 over Xbox. Thats all. My Personal Prefreance.  The reality is theirs not enought diffrence to say one is far better then the other. Ive always been a playstation fan and the only reason I bought the first xbox was Halo, but that wasnt enough to get the 360 IMO.  If you get the PS3, Ill send you a freind request if you ever get any of the shooters. Or anyone else for that matter.

RedDawn

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 02:07:44 AM »

I think you should write shit down on paper and repeat it a couple times before you post just to see if it makes any sense....or have a family member read it and see if it makes sense to them.

Arctic
Old

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 03:07:53 AM »

It made sence to me, even said you were right .

RedDawn

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 08:28:18 PM »

I would feel better if you just never referenced my penis. I think all of us would prefer you not talk about our dicks.

Phat31198
Phat!
Planetside Member

Her PHATs are PHAT

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »

Actually red I coined that term myself before the POS even hit shelves...and guess what it turned out to be exactly that. 1/3 Failure rate. FUCK YEAH!!!

Didn't stop me from buying one though. I had to play MW2 somehow.

Christ my vid card needs to come in the mail so I can accidentally run you the fuck over in my prowler...the tracks may get caught on your gargantuan cock though.

Why you guys getting all shy about penis?  I don't see any red cheeks with all the titties on the forums.  -_-

So...the console I suggested should be passed up on since they got hacked? You should stop using your debit card anywhere you go then...since just about 85% of all small businesses don't even fucking know what PCI Compliance is. You are far more likely to have your shit stolen from some grease ball who hacks an unsecure PC at your local bag and barf burger joint than from larger corporations who have much more strict policies to follow.

"Also if 50 bucks for a superior online experience"

What is superior about it?

Maybe the fact that I have to pay for this $50 subscription to even be able to play Netflix on the device?
no that couldn't be superior now could it.

That M$ is now trying to sell this device as a subscription based service like a cell phone or cable TV?
$99 for the console, but you have to sign a contract for 2 years of xbox live which they charge $15 a month for.
Shit 2 years of live right now would cost $80.  (newegg)
New plan costs $360, just for the Live subscription. +99 from your down payment (console hardware purchase)
$460 for a console that will be replaced before your contract is even up...lol

If that isn't the shadiest fucking thing I have ever seen from a console I don't know what is.

We could go back and forth for weeks on this bullshit. I got tired of this game long ago...Just buy them both and then you can feel equally shitty when you try and figure out which console you should play a specific game on. -_-

I know I do when I have to look at comparison videos and I start slamming my head against the wall asking myself...WHY THE FUCK do I even care...the graphics blow huge flaming balls and they won't live up to your standards anyway. The kid could probably care less WTF he gets so maybe just go for whichever is cheaper.

Redbear8
WoW Member

where's the honey?

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 10:44:14 PM »

I personally have the 360 and enjoy it a lot. Playstation is also a nice console. If you and tour kids are casually playing you can't go wrong with either choice. The Kinect is loads of fun to play with family so that helped me decide. My kids love it. There also seem to be more kid friendly games on the xbox.

I am not a fanboy for either system, but for my needs xbox has filled the role perfectly. 

"To open one's mouth indiscriminately brings shame, and there are many times when people will turn their backs on such a person."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx