gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Server Donations  (Read 10963 times)
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« on: December 05, 2005, 02:32:07 AM »

As mentioned in the BF2 thread, I would be willing to obtain the server host and provide links and what not from here.  There are many games available to us obviously, so I will leave your comments to provide me with feedback as to what you'd like to see and I'll put up a subsequent poll with the top wanted list.

Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 03:56:23 AM »

vote people

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
WildShadow
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 06:45:45 PM »

i will find that cheap host i told you about and check it out. if it looks good, i'll send the info to you.
BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 01:11:40 AM »

Due to money issues, I wont untill Wolverines have a game that we all play besides Planetside - only a handful of people play BF2 and it seems most play it with other clans
WildShadow
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 07:12:13 PM »

i found a server host.
www.team-bf2.com
only $3 a slot for a ranked server, which is pretty damn cheap.

Pentium 4 2.8GHz-3.2GHz CPU
2048MB DDR RAM
36GB 10,000 RPM SATA HDD
Private VLAN
100Mbps Uplink

Due to money issues, I wont untill Wolverines have a game that we all play besides Planetside - only a handful of people play BF2 and it seems most play it with other clans

when i play lately, i notice that only a handful of wolvies even play planetside anymore. everyone just wandered away, leaving just a few of us behind. i remember when i could make at least half a squad of wolvies at any time of the day, now it's hard pressed to make half a squad of wolvies at night...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 07:13:51 PM by WildShadow » Logged
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »

i would love the outfit to get organized on BF2. Even if we dont get our own server right now, maybe we can just pick a server to all play on.

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 08:07:34 PM »

I have my BF2....

still in the wrapper from the day I brought it home.

BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 09:55:23 PM »

when i play lately, i notice that only a handful of wolvies even play planetside anymore. everyone just wandered away, leaving just a few of us behind. i remember when i could make at least half a squad of wolvies at any time of the day, now it's hard pressed to make half a squad of wolvies at night...

There haven't been any day players for months now.  For a while there we had squad and a half for about a couple months recently then it dropped down again to 5-7 ish mostly during primetime.  This compared to about 5 of us who have BF2, not including those who play with their own clans, or like hawkes and don't play it.  It may be a game some wolvies enjoy, but its not 'the next game' for wolverines, and it isn't a replacement for PS.  I think I'll be saving up till the Next MMOFPS like Huxley, even if it doesn't look that good, if wolvies all buy it I'll be there.
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 10:51:02 PM »

There haven't been any day players for months now.  For a while there we had squad and a half for about a couple months recently then it dropped down again to 5-7 ish mostly during primetime.  This compared to about 5 of us who have BF2, not including those who play with their own clans, or like hawkes and don't play it.  It may be a game some wolvies enjoy, but its not 'the next game' for wolverines, and it isn't a replacement for PS.  I think I'll be saving up till the Next MMOFPS like Huxley, even if it doesn't look that good, if wolvies all buy it I'll be there.

i agree, as i am one of the ones who kinda sluffed off on planetside as of late. There may only be about 5 of us that have BF2, but that IS 5 that want to play together. Maybe some of those who are playing in there own clans or never played it at all will want to play. There is a lot of people playing BF2, could get some new people in the outfit.
No, its not the "next thing", but it is fun, and until something else comes along, it might just have to do for some of us. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 01:38:55 AM by BCBrent » Logged

Thakard
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 03:34:37 AM »

I would be willing to pay for a server as well, I should be picking up a job this week.  I play a lot of BF2, took some time off but I have played a huge amount in the last week.  I would love to get on a server with more of my friends, a lot of the people I know on my usual server are off right now for various reasons.
Arctic
Old

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 10:04:32 PM »

I hav a thought , What about a TS server,  I know we use the Ultra one for PS but what about other games.  If Huxley starts or if we get enough to play BF2.   I think a games server is a good Idea, But TS has to b right up there

WildShadow
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 06:35:39 AM »

I hav a thought , What about a TS server,  I know we use the Ultra one for PS but what about other games.  If Huxley starts or if we get enough to play BF2.   I think a games server is a good Idea, But TS has to b right up there

http://www.thewolverines.net/forums/index.php?topic=83.0

TS server, like i said. join anytime, just say you're a friend of Ranyk's if you don't know who the others are.
BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 06:56:43 AM »

I hav a thought , What about a TS server,  I know we use the Ultra one for PS but what about other games.  If Huxley starts or if we get enough to play BF2.   I think a games server is a good Idea, But TS has to b right up there

You can always use the Babble channel for other games, or failing that the test server or 8008135side channels.  When a game like Huxley comes out I'm sure we'll make a seperate channel for it.
Arctic
Old

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 12:13:19 PM »

I hav a thought , What about a TS server,  I know we use the Ultra one for PS but what about other games.  If Huxley starts or if we get enough to play BF2.   I think a games server is a good Idea, But TS has to b right up there

You can always use the Babble channel for other games, or failing that the test server or 8008135side channels.  When a game like Huxley comes out I'm sure we'll make a seperate channel for it.

But My thing is were taking for granted someone else will be paying for this 4ever.  sooner or later Amadalla or TJ will quite doing that

BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 03:01:03 PM »

I have made several contributions to the ULTRA TS.  I would say its not too big of a deal since if people were in there to play BF2 there would only be a handful.  Of course, WildShadow invited us to his as a temporary solution.  It would be nice to have our own TS server, as we have had our own Vent server in the past. 
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx