gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XBox Modding  (Read 4251 times)
vlork
« on: January 11, 2006, 08:59:12 PM »

I don't who of you is in to XBox modding, but I am heavily.

I have over 3000 games on my XBox, now I know that sounds like a lot, but they are all old games so some of them are very small.

I use XBMC as my dashboard instead of the standard M$ dash.

I use a softmod and not a chip, which means you don't have to even open your XBox to hack it.

Real nice.

I Mod other's XBoxes as well, I have 3 in my house currently and plan to buy 2 more before June.

they are all networked and I tend to have friends drop by to do some Halo and Halo 2 killin.

The Battlefront 2 is the new flavor though.

I would say all in all we get a game of 32 going  12 of which are no AI so once I get the other 2 boxes in we should be able to get 20 non AI folks inthere

What's the funniest is I will invite people over for a barbaque and it turns into to an all night capture the flag party, strange people.

I have never seen so many people get together and play one game. And it isn't just the guys folks, the girls are in it too. As a matter of fact, I got my ass handed to me this last weekend from a girl whos call sign was "Sacora".

I have to admit, it was fun getting trashed by a girl. Anyways, halfway through the que I put a few kids on the game and then slowly but surely everyone migrated inside around the various TVs and picked up a controller.

I hope 5 boxes will be enough, I may have to buy more then that.

Don't go crazy either, don't buy then brand new, get the used ones, the warranties are longer.
Jim Tressel
[global] WTB new character name

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 02:28:32 AM »

the gout (new wolverine and mine and Turkley's roommate) has modded his xbox.  It is such an amazing thing what those little bastards can do when you really let them loose.  Ours doubles as a media box for watching ripped media in 1080i over our projector.  It's pretty good.  Thank goodness for haxxors.

Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 08:17:51 PM »

ripped media? what do you mean? has it been modded to play DivX? Is it a DVR?

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
vlork
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 01:49:39 PM »

yup even xvid
BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 03:06:48 PM »

I would mod my xbox, but I like playing online too much, maybe when I get a 360 I'll look into modding my old one
vlork
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 04:55:20 PM »

Well that is just the thing really, with xlink kai and xbconnect you wouldn't have to worry about online playing.

those are free services and there are alot of people on them to play.

Not to mention the amount of games you would have access too once you have a modded xbox, the benefits out weigh the cons emensly.

I currently have 5000 games on my xbox alone, that isn't even talking about the games I have burned on CD.

All the copied games, what more can you ask for really, the 360 doesn't have that nor does a virgin xbox...

dunno man, it is simply amazing.
thegout
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 07:15:11 AM »

ya the modchip was the best 35 bucks i ever spent.  threw a 120 gig drive in and like jt said its the next best thing to a hometheater pc. 

im interested in the softmod though... ive got another one here im about to mod for someone and was just gonna solder, but what are the pros/cons of the softmod vlork?
Reddawn
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 02:30:33 PM »

My modded xbox just died. I want to mod my 360 since I have a ton of access to games. Anyone know someone in Columbus that mods 360's?
Krogoth
Has a PS2 Hardon
WoW Member

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 07:13:55 PM »

The pro of a softmod is you can revert it back to "pristine" condition, with no visible footprint whenever you want.

I modded my own. It serves as my Emulator. Feels much more natural than using my keyboard. Once I get some money, I'm gunna drop a larger HDD into it (probably 120GB), and use it as storage.

Vlork, I know that you can get an FTP set up between the box and your computer, I just dont know how (I'd like to send files to it that way as opposed to re-using a DVD-RW), any tips?

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx