gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: problems  (Read 3013 times)
Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes
SW:TOR Officer

« on: January 24, 2006, 10:46:42 PM »

planetside is crashing within 2 mins every time i start it, sometimes everything turns white, like the texture is all white.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here?
i made sure i had the newest ati drivers, did a full planetside scan.

gratefulness you guys for doing what you did so far. It's important bullshit.
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 02:27:36 AM »

I presume you are not running gamecam as it is known to crash to desktop after first loading.

What has changed since you last logged on?  New virus software or anti-spyware maybe?  Have you checked the task manager to close out any unnecessary programs?

Krogoth
Has a PS2 Hardon
WoW Member

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 03:28:04 AM »

if you have some time, try removing all graphics files from the Planetside directory, and letting them re-download.

Other suggestion would be to check the Planetside tech forums, I know for a fact they have threads on this, I've actually posted in one a while ago

Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 04:55:52 PM »

yea i tried all that hawkes, and nothing has changed but newer directx and vid card drivers.

cool, i will look into that korgoth

AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 01:11:06 AM »

Well it could be the vid card drivers that are causeing problems try reverting to a older version of vid drivers. It could be having conflicts with PS.

Arctic
Old

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 04:01:44 AM »

Well it could be the vid card drivers that are causeing problems try reverting to a older version of vid drivers. It could be having conflicts with PS.

I just downloaded the newest ATI Driver, x800xl 256.  sound card might be it, Along time ago i had a problem with EQ doing the same thing. it worked when i disconnected sound.  sound blaster fixer right up. 24 bit for 25 bucks

Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 10:36:35 PM »

well, there is like a 20 page thread in the tech area of the PS forums with people complaing about the SAME problem i have, seems the last patch is bad for me, and a lot of others too. none of yall are having any problems?

Krogoth
Has a PS2 Hardon
WoW Member

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 04:13:35 PM »

I did (and actually had posted in that thread, and still get notification emails about it), but it eventually cleared itself up. Now the only problem I have is getting any more than 20FPS in medium firefights (which is strange concidering I get 40-60 in traveling).

There was one guy who gave a suggestion that sounded pretty good. I'm not gunna look through and find it exactly, but pretty much:
uninstall graphics driver, make sure its totally uninstalled
reinstall driver (if you have ATI, Catalyst 5.2 was the last "good" one for PS theoretically)
delete all game files from Planetside folder and let the launcher redownload it

He then went on to say that he went on every continent to get the files marked as used recently, and then defragged his computer. He said he wasnt sure if that did anything, but over all these steps he gained 40someodd FPS, and was able to play for 4-6 hours before crashing instead of 1 hour.

Varg
Varg....Varg Vikernes

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 12:17:52 PM »

I tried what you said krogoth and its a no go.

13 pages of people with the SAME EXACT problem and still no solution..... thanks SOE
http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/board/message?board.id=pstechsupport&message.id=59314&page=13

seacrest.....OUT

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx