gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battlefield 2142 vs Planetside  (Read 14952 times)
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 10:59:18 PM »

No it's just the paid subscriptions.

Shafman
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 11:11:46 PM »

The next wave is rumored to be the one that's open to the general public.
AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 11:57:48 PM »

Ah bummer lol. Well I watched some of the game play video's that I found off I think IGN but who ever recorded it wasnt that great but still the game looks neat for what little there was. I have it pre ordered but thats about it.

AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 02:01:14 AM »

Any ways how is the game? I seen a short vid of the hovertank and for the most part it does look like the mag in performance/handleing.  And the mechs they serve any purpose or are they sort of like the bfrs where they use to be nasty killing machines hard to take out.

What type of combat classes are there is it simular to BF2? Or are they set up differnlty.

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 02:16:56 AM »

Well I've just been working with the hover tank right now and I love it.  The mechs I haven't found yet... seen them, but since I have been focused on the tank, I haven't spawned at different locations yet.  The game requires a relatively beefy machine such as yours.  I have a p4 2.66 with 1.5 gig and a geforce 6800 wiuth 128mb and its playable.  Running fraps tonight killed me due to stutter on screen.  I'm gonna turn down some of the video stuff and see how it goes.  There is a kit you can get that cloaks 90% of your body... pretty sweet.  Seen some of them lurking around, but I'd have to focus on recon for that one.

Shafman
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 03:44:18 AM »

Well the game itself plays much like Battlefield 2, there are some good differences in gameplay. First of all, you only have four kits, Recon, Assault, Engineer, Support. This doesn't mean that diversity got cut out, you can customize these kitsm a new feature in BF2142. You can have a squad leader item, one of three rifles (You only have one per kit when you start out) and two extra class-specific items, plus the ability to equip heavy body armor.

Who here remembers the ships in Battlefield 1942!? You can move the aircraft carrier! A big disappointment for me in BF2 was that you could not do that. What's the good part about BF2142? This game's version of an Aircraft Carrier is the Titan, and it's massive, and it can be moved around the map!

My most favorite thing of all, I really, REALLY hate to admit, is how badass the buggies are.. SHIT those things are fast, but frail, but still, HOLY SHIT.
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 02:49:36 PM »

Those buggies move way too fast for my system.  I'm doing a complete reinstall of XP anyway.... been a long time.  We'll see how things run after that.  I really need to hook up with you to understand the gameflow better.  The servers I've been on, it's every man for himself with no real tactics.

Shafman
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 06:43:16 PM »

Hawkes, one of the thigns I've noticed is that BF2142's graphics are far more resource-intensive than they are for BF2. Switch your settings to medium if you're around the high mark and you WILL notice a significant increase in performance, for me it reduced every single bit of lag for some stupid reason. There's still some FPS drops, but that's it.
AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 09:09:32 PM »

Okay I broke down and got a fileplanet account bought for the download lol. Im downloading the beta client now :/

Shafman
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 10:03:56 PM »

Nice, when you finally create your account after you get the client, add SgtHawkes and Shafman to your friends list on it.
AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 12:13:18 AM »

Well I played for about 2 hours before I took a break about 96% done on my rank. So far I only seen one map and not sure if there are other maps or not.

Not gotten to take part in a titan fight or even gotten to be up on one yet. Cant figure out how to spawn up there or jump up to it. I played around with the armor with the hover tank and the main tanks and the armor transports.

I not really seen much troop vs troop its been more of a armor vs armor or inf vs armor most conflicts i seen.

therealfragger
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 02:07:06 AM »

add TheRealFragger to get me
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 02:33:48 PM »

The only map and mode is available is Verdun in Titan mode.  You're playing it Alex, you just need a good squad to show you the ropes as I do.  So late Saturday night I was having some sluggishness with my PC and did a complete reinstall on my OS not thinking that the beta key gets locked out after the first time it is entered.  I had a really hard time trying to find the account I had my sub under (I have 3 accts under the IGN network.... don't ask why).  I finally found it this morning on a total guess, but that's not what is important.  So the key is still invalid.  I sent an email asking if they can release the beta key or if I should just try for another.  We'll see how it goes.

On a side note, this OS reformat which should have taken me all of about 1-2 hours turned into a friggin nightmare.  I have just about everything back in now so I'll be making an image of the desktop so the next time I don't have to deal with the BS I went through.  What a bitch of a time I had.  Ugh.

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 03:00:43 PM »

You know... the more I think about this, the more I think we should start up the BF2142 Wolverine clan.  I've been putting WOLV as my clan tag when I play and I think we could all benefit from helping each other out in respect to gameplay.  Thoughts everyone?

BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 03:08:18 PM »

Installing it tonight, I'd really like to meet up with other wolvies to play
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx