gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Battlefield 2142 vs Planetside  (Read 14954 times)
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006, 03:14:41 PM »

If anyone is a BF2 player, you can reserve your BF2 soldier name for the official release in October (or any other name for that matter).  Go to the EA page...

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/veteran.aspx

I locked in SgtHawkes as my BF soldier name.  You'll need your EA account name and PW and your BF2 soldier name and PW.

Also, the 2142 site has some great info on the character types and the unlocks available to each one and as Shaf said earlier, you can customize you character if you don't like to cookie cutter version.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 03:17:33 PM by Hawkes » Logged

Krogoth
Has a PS2 Hardon
WoW Member

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006, 03:31:13 PM »

I cant seem to remember my EA name/pass (or if I even have one)....and when I go to make a new one, it tells me BCKrogoth is already taken, but when I go to "forgot your password" and enter BCKrogoth, it tells me the information I have entered is invalid, and wont send me the email. wtf?!

AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2006, 04:47:37 PM »

Well I gave the game a real real long play last night and for the most part got everything figured out. Not impressed with the mech does almost 0 dmg to tanks at least the version i keep getting into lol. I just wish there was more then just that one map im sort of starting to get bored with it. Figured otu how to get on titans though I wish It was a bit easyer to get up and defend your titans then it currently is with out having to die.

The titans main guns seem a tad to weak sept for the aircraft guns and the titans themself seem to easy to take out basicly one guy could take one out in a mater of minutes giving no time for defenders unless they where already set up way before the shield died. I noticed the titan slowly moveing around after the shields get to a point but I have no figured out how to controll the ship itself if it can be controlled. I am also still trying to figure out how to get the shield system on tanks to function I see other people fireing them off but I not figured the golden trick yet I guess.

Anyhow im off to play again almost to another rank lol.

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2006, 05:21:03 PM »

The tank's countermeasures are activated by hitting x.

Keep in mind Alex that you are playing beta.  There will be other maps and gameplay changes as it progresses, but you have to submit your feedback otherwise it's a waste of time.

Krogoth did you play BF2?  If so, you should have an EA account.  Remember, it's two usernames and passwords.  Also, go to EA.com's account support site and try to look it up there.

https://account.ea.com/login/napd-login.jsp?locale=en_US&site=eaco&skin=eacom&parsid=1743676

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2006, 07:37:41 PM »

Check out the dev diary here... http://pc.ign.com/articles/717/717236p1.html.  He breaks down their theories on some things and how to get on the titan without the air transport.

I'm still waiting to hear back from someone on the key.  I just may try to get it again and see what happens.

Applied again and received the same beta key.....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 07:40:45 PM by Hawkes » Logged

AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »

Yea I figured out most of the stuff. Im about 75 points from Corp gold and been playing eng primary though I might start doing another class soon. The gun the end has is just weak and has trouble killing most guys it seems like. AV needs some fine tuneing as sometimes I fire it at a tank in the rear section or on the side and it does little to no dmg almost point blank.

Alot of the stuff the engineer gets for unlocks are preatty sad for the most part. The one mine you get before the anti air weapon as far as I can tell has yet to even attack anything let alone do dmg and its movement speed is extremly slow the one time I seen it go after a vech. The Emp mine is okay if they actully hit it but most time its not even worth putting it down. Alot of these mines/emp mines and what not friendlys trigger them so its difficult to set up any type of defence area as people just dont pay attention and drive over them.

I like the armored personal carriers as you can actully launch the transport pods from them (one way to get to the titan from the ground) but mainly people use them as fast travel to other flags. I seen that stealth suit alot lately (keep getting knifed in the back by them) but I wish there was some way to reveal them or defend against them cause they basicly throw the suit up and have free rain of the area.

Theres alot of things that just scream PS when you look at the game and how things are set up. I am probly going to work on getting engineer done unlock wise to test out the AV rifle and the anti air rocket soon. I got about 3 unlocks to go for the rifle I should of did the points differnt orignaly but oh well to late now.

therealfragger
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 08:29:51 PM »

i play as suport and one of the unlocks is to give the cloakers an outline, makes them much easier to see
BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2006, 12:39:03 AM »

Warlord140 is my Soldier name, I'll be using WOLV as my clan tag

come find me in game
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2006, 12:59:06 AM »

well I'm fucking hosed for now.  EA responds to my ticket talking about my soldier name.... friggin asshole never read my ticket.... I didn't mention my soldier name... asshat.

FilePlanet hasn't responded yet..... fucktards.

Customer service has gotten awful everywhere you go..... isn't there someone in this world who still thinks the customer pays their paycheck?

AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2006, 01:51:09 AM »

Sure there is sadly they are not the ones who can do a damn thing about it.

Phazis

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2006, 02:50:23 PM »

I'm playing to. I like it so far but there are so many holes in the game its amazing I hope they can fix that shit for the release. I found so far a way to be a GOD while commander and 3 different holes into enemy ship while the shields are up. Air needs some serious work as well I crashed with no reason way to many times.

cheers

If you want your ass to get kicked by me you know how to find me in Xfire

BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2006, 03:11:27 PM »

I attempted to play yesterday.  I got into one game and I was driving in some sort of vehicle I could shoot from too looking for someone to rip apart, and while I was driving I hit the tab key and my computer rebooted.  So I try to get back into game and it loads all the way, then after the bar is done I get the walking mech animation and then it tells me it can't find my connection.  So then I try again and the game just shuts off.   

So..  I went to update my display drivers looking on ATIs site and I can't find the ones I should download to match mine (9600SE) and I got bored and decided to play games on Xbox Live
Ott
WoW Member

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2006, 04:36:30 PM »

I heard there are only 4 kits in BF2142 instead of 7. Whats the deal with that? Are the kits consolidated for more like one man army type stuff?
Phazis

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2006, 05:11:45 PM »

Yeah you get to build your own class with unlocks so for example assault class get medical equipment. Engineer can unlock all kinda of AT, recon can get all kinds of cloaking crap etc.

Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2006, 06:16:16 PM »

And you can customize kits too... haven't tried this yet though.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx