gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So...I picked up Fallout 3 Yesterday...  (Read 2125 times)
Radix
« on: October 29, 2008, 09:22:11 PM »

I don't post much...but I thought that this was a worthy topic.

In a word -- Wow.  There was some concern that Bethesda would screw up this particular game, and not retain any of the grittiness or fun playability of the original Fallout or Fallout 2 -- both of which were released several years ago. 

So far...I have no complaints.  Fallout 3 has been...interesting, and much of the flavor of that post-Apocolyptic world has been retained, and in some cases, enhanced.

Of course, Fallout 3 is single-player only....it would be pretty cool to have it as an MMO....

-Radix.
Reddawn
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:33:27 PM »

im downloading it now until I can pick it up next week
Dracneir
Spectaculous Magnifitude
WoW Member

We can't stop here, this is bat country!

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 10:35:32 PM »

I was thinking of getting it, but there's a lot of things about it I don't like.

For one, it was released without any modding tools. What the fuck. The only thing that made Oblivion something more than a pile of shit was the amount and quality of user-made mods. I would not have played Oblivion without OOO.

It was also stated there would not be level scaling. There is. Some areas and mobs are static and don't level with you, but most are. The weapons you find are scaled too. You can find crazy ass weapons early on, but they're usually severely damaged or with extremely limited ammo. I liked getting the power armor at level 1 in Fallout 2, thanks.

Last thing... the game ends when you finish the story, and the level cap is 20. It was fun in Morrowind to get overpowered wtf godly towards the end of the game. It was only fun because the game kept on going after you finished the main quest. I think it's an issue the game actually ends. Mods could fix that problem pretty easily, but again with the whole no modding tools issue. Blah.

If Bethesda releases modding tools I'll get it for sure. But the only thing that has made their games passable to me is that they can be modded to all hell. Without that possibility, Fallout 3 just doesn't seem that good.

Reddawn
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 10:56:27 PM »

tl;dr
Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 12:04:07 AM »

One word: "Fallout Tactics 2".

Well, I guess that was really more than one word but you get where it needs to go.

Make it happen.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx