gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Left 4 Dead  (Read 2753 times)
Dracneir
Spectaculous Magnifitude
WoW Member

We can't stop here, this is bat country!

« on: November 25, 2008, 06:45:03 AM »

Anyone got this on Steam? Anyone planning on getting it? I see a few wolvies that have it, it would pretty sick if we could have 8 people playing in Versus mode.

If you have it post your Steam ID.. mine is Dracneir (account is image77jr@earthlink.net.. yeah it's old)

Here's a video if you haven't heard of it:

[yt=425,350]GotNTtt1NNQ[/yt]

Unnormal
Prepare for the apocalypse.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:17:39 AM »

This game is amazing I love it....I'm playing it on 360 :-/

If anyone is playing it on xbox though hollar at me the random dudes just try to wipe the group.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Bhustanut
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 11:43:08 PM »

i'm not into fps but this looked fun as a coop game.  so i picked it up on way home from work haha.  got 4 days off for thanksgiving to frag zombies and try and level my warhammer char hehe.

steam id:  Yakuza (rump_chaser@yahoo.com)
ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 06:58:28 PM »

Some people have wondered what the game was about so will giv a brief summary. Game is 4 people vs NPC zombies. To balance sides zombies have boss zombies with special features, Smoker grabs from range, Hunter jumps on and disables you, Boomer slimes you calling more zombies, Tank has a lot of health and kills you fast. The game has a "director" that places groups of zombies and randomly changes spawns every time you play making the same map playable hundreds of times. Zombies are fast and not as weak as other games, however instead of dying very often, you only get "knocked down" in which you can't get up unless a teammate helps you up. Maps are setup in 5 map campaigns where the final map requires you to defend in one spot until rescue comes.

There is also a verses mode that replaces Smoker, Hunter, etc under human control, 4 survivors against 4 infected. Again the Director says what you are and when you can spawn, you select place and control until you die and then wait for next spawn. After a round both sides switch.

Unnormal
Prepare for the apocalypse.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »

You forgot about the Witch.... L4D NOOB!

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
Bhustanut
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 10:09:59 PM »

Played for the first time last night on pc...was alot of fun, even when we were repeatedly pwned before finding out we had it on advanced instead of easy.  Definitely a good game for coop zombie killing action.  The mobs are fast and do a good job of trying to divide & conquer.  they also attack on multiple fronts just after you've convinced yourself it's all clear haha.

There was also this neat feature that I've never seen before..if someone goes afk or decides to take a break...their char goes into ai mode and the group can continue playing.  and in my case it was an improvement haha.
ZONK
WoW Member

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 10:20:38 PM »

You forgot about the Witch.... L4D NOOB!

Not forgotten, I said it was a brief summary. The witch hardly effect game play once you know what it is. Since you brought it up, (was saving some aspects of game), the witch sits in a corner and doesn't move making moaning sounds, hot huh? If you stand near it too long, or point your flashlight on it too long, etc it gets pissed and rapes your face. Sound in this game is very key, if you pride yourself on a good speaker setup for your computer this game is for you. It requires you to listen for hunters, smokers, etc as they each make unique sounds. Music also gives warning to ambushes.

Dracneir
Spectaculous Magnifitude
WoW Member

We can't stop here, this is bat country!

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 04:57:18 AM »

The key sound to listen for is me saying "There's a tank ahead!"

If you don't hear that sound you'll probably end up dying. Especially on expert.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx