gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Online announced  (Read 9213 times)
RedDawn

« on: May 03, 2012, 11:11:27 PM »

w00t

After much speculation, the MMO version of The Elder Scrolls role-playing series has officially been announced. Developed by ZeniMax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to quest across the entire continent of Tamriel 1000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V, which includes the provinces of Cyrodiil (where The Elder Scrolls IV was set) and Skyrim (setting of The Elder Scrolls V).

No screens or video have yet been released, but more information will be made available through Game Informer, as the reveal is part of their June 2012 cover story.

Not many specifics are available yet, but according to Game Informer you'll be able to play as one of three factions, take part in open-world player versus player combat in the province of Cyrodiil and vie for control of the throne of the Emperor.

Honey Badger don't give a fuck....
Redbear8
WoW Member

where's the honey?

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »

hell yes!!!

"To open one's mouth indiscriminately brings shame, and there are many times when people will turn their backs on such a person."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Norega
WoW Member

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »

Red dont be getting your hopes up to much.. from what ive read the Elder Scrolls MMO  is basicly pulling what we love  so much about ES games and Turning it into what sounds like a WoW clone very much on par graphic wise with Old Republic.

the whole open world aspect of the game is gone, replaced with  leved zones and, the map  they say will be restricted depending on your lvl. and a whole bunch of other stuff.   

Dont mean to be a debbie downer but when i read the article a bit of my insides died, due to shear disapointment.
RedDawn

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 11:52:09 PM »

Norega just fucked it up for everyone Tongue

Norega
WoW Member

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »

RedDawn bout to break the 1k post count  ohhhhhhh..

yeah and that article mad me sad
gr0n
LAZER!
Wolverine Council

Space Rules

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 07:04:10 PM »

Sign-up for beta: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/beta

RedDawn

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »

from everyone I know that's been in the alpha/beta says its god awful

Nightstalker
Fuck the Fed.
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

Hypnochest

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 09:47:59 PM »

I wouldn't say it's god awful, it's just lackluster atm.

The big issue I think most agree with is the animations. It seems like the motions are missing too many cycles, so sword swings appear warpy,  there isn't enough fluidity between motions etc. and there really isn't too much a feel to weight of combat.

Particle effects aren't spectacular as one might hope, so spells and such look "meh".

The landscape environments and interfaces are very nice, and reminiscent of Elder Scrolls, but that's about as related as it gets in its' present form.

And on those accounts, you just can't escape the feeling that it doesn't come off as you would expect out of an Elder Scrolls Online game. Which to be fair, really isn't possible because if every little detail could be permanently altered by each user's input, then by the time you get to log in, every little crate would be picked clean, and all NPCs would be walking around naked on account of having been robbed by players etc.

Most of that could easily be addressed though, and if they do, it could come out a pretty nice game. It just wont be an 'Elder Scrolls' online experience.

gr0n
LAZER!
Wolverine Council

Space Rules

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 03:31:30 AM »

Bummer.  My expectation is "Skyrim Online."

Nightstalker
Fuck the Fed.
Wolverine Core Member - all game access

Hypnochest

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 06:47:39 AM »

Yeah I would say that fit the bill for most people's expectations.

While it won't be Skyrim Online, it may in fact end up being a good game though. They certainly appear to be taking feedback and suggestions on the matter seriously. At first they proposed to have the game just in third person, but due to outcry they did implement a first person perspective option, so there is at least some measure of effort to put out a product that people would want.

Lazer1982
Planetside Member

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 12:59:44 AM »

For thos who do Know me Cant Say Much about it But i like it ( aka ESO ) (me aka Lazer and a fell other DS members are playing it,   look for me this weekend.

Lazer1982   BR 32 - CR 5
xLazer1982x  BR 20 CR2
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx