gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: City of Villans  (Read 4594 times)
BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« on: October 06, 2006, 12:47:18 PM »

I'm playing the 14 day free trial of the new 'good vs evil 'with Fragger and his friend.  You can go here to get the trial.  You have to sign up on that website (free) and then create an account with the people who made the game, and that's also free too.  This gives you a trial to both City of Heroes and City of Villans.. but you want City of Villans Smiley

We play on the freedom server, does anyone play?  I know Stu used to play Heroes.  If you do, look me up in game (Name is Balgazor). 
Hurley
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 05:22:29 PM »

I used to play CoH back when stu played....and back last november.  The grinding gets old...form lvl 1 to 50 all the mobs are the same and hte missions were the same....Just not my thing
AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 05:27:12 PM »

Well I know I got a email not to long ago from where the are doing a welcome back program so right now I belive all current subs are reopened from 10/4/06 to 10/08/06. But I didnt really like the game to well when I tried it back at its orignal release. I was not even sure if i wanted to get on and try it for just this trial period so I guess I will deside later tonight if I want to bother getting the disk out.

BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 11:04:06 PM »

I used to play CoH back when stu played....and back last november.  The grinding gets old...form lvl 1 to 50 all the mobs are the same and hte missions were the same....Just not my thing

They say thats the problem with CoH is that the missions aren't varied enough.  CoV is getting pretty descent though. 
therealfragger
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 03:51:17 AM »

yea i played both for a decent amount of time but Villains is just damn good fun. Heros was OK but right when i got the email about the weekend for free's i was like shit yea im in . . . infact im playing as i trype this
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 05:33:03 AM »

Freedom server you say?

What a coincidence...I have like 8 heroes on that server.

I may have to log in and vanquish your ebul!!!!  If you get your ass kicked by: (the incredible) Power Vista (the)SantaClaus, Monochromatic, billybadazz or......cant remember any of the others.

You know it wuz me.

....I'm no villain.  Tongue

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
Member of the Specialized Terran Fighting Unit since 2005
BCBrent:  "This Wolverine has a steed with really long legs".
BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 10:06:47 AM »

Freedom server you say? I may have to log in ........I'm villain.  Tongue

Sounds good stu, when you get the trial for CoV just send a tell to Axnollouse or Balgazor.
therealfragger
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 05:30:58 PM »

or Dr. Frostbite or Dr. Ginjivitis
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 05:17:43 AM »

Nah guys, still playing wow, doubt I'd have the time to install and patch CoH  (dont have cov, and dont want to wait for it to DL)

Stugots is an Italian American slang word taken from "Stu Cazzo", itself a corruption of 'Questo Cazzo', meaning "this dick". 'Questo' = This, 'Cazzo' = dick
AlexFirestorm
Planetside Member

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 11:09:13 PM »

Well I started playing again with that free trial got me hooked so I been playing it for a few hours a day eairly in the morning. CoV seems to play alot smoother then CoH did for some reason. And I am playing on freedom server as well. I made a temp guild just to see what the base design system was like sadly you need so much points just to do anything with the base itself its almost pointless unless you have a ton of people in the guild itself.

Oh well think I am just going to play this for a little while till I get sick of it or something. But im enjoying it better then when CoH orignaly released.

BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 11:23:47 PM »

I made it to level 14, so I can fly now Smiley 

My only probem so far is the mobs don't seem too varied at the moment.  I'm either fighting snakes or people with machine guns.  I'm starting to fight people with super powers and jetpacks, though, which makes the fights more exciting, plus the mayhem missions and the canister missions are great
therealfragger
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 01:22:17 AM »

hey alex we could use the prestige so why not join us huh wink wink
Stugots
I'm no Geographist.
Wolverine Council

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 02:26:13 AM »

Superjump > flying.

Well, I took flying for my 1st travel power too so, I cant talk too much, but much more enjoy the superjump I got on my blaster.

So...whats up with the pvp aspect?   Can you see players from CoH in CoV? 

BCBrent
Cheesemaster

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 03:17:18 AM »

I got flight so I could use hover with my corruptor (ranged dps, they cant punch me if i'm hovering over their hed Tongue)

And TBH I haven't tried PvP yet
therealfragger
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 06:32:31 AM »

PvP is very fun times
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx