gfxHomeForumHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BF2142 Known Issues  (Read 1529 times)
Hawkes
Wolverine Council
Administrator

« on: October 20, 2006, 06:45:05 PM »

I received this list from our server host today.  If you have experienced any of these, let us know.

2142 Known Issues.

1. "Yellow" latency in the in-game browser.
The in-game browser is improperly reporting latency in some cases. Actual in-game pings can be very low, indicating no server problem at all. The game browser is erroneously reporting high latency. There is no known fix for this. The problem has been reported to EA/DICE.
This is not a function of Trinity Gaming. There is nothing wrong with the network or server to cause this issue.

2. Four Titans.
From time to time, server operators are reporting four titans on a map. Restarting the server or waiting for the map to end is the only known fix for this. The problem has been reported to EA/DICE.
This is not a function of Trinity Gaming. There is not a misconfiguration or problem with the server to cause this issue.

3. Unlocks/Rankings not appearing.
Some server operators are reporting that players on their servers cannot attain or use their awards or unlocks. This may be a configuration issue caused by 2142CC default settings or erroneous settings. We are working with customers and BDSoft to determine the possible cause of this issue. See here if you'd like to know more or contribute:
https://secure.trinitygames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1955

4. 2142CC Reports Error XYZ or ABC.
2142CC, like BF2CC, reports a constant stream of errors. Most of them can be safely ignored. Please do not report 2142CC error messages -- rather, report actual operational problems only, such as "I am locked out of my server," or "2142 won't restart my server."
This is not a function of Trinity Gaming. There is nothing wrong with the configuration to cause this issue.

5. Please don't use .NET 2.0 and 2142CC.
Like BF2CC, 2142CC will break your server immediately if you or anyone else that you give access to edits and saves a profile while using .NET 2.0. You will lock yourself out of your server, the server will go down, and you will need to open a support ticket for correction. This is happening dozens of times per day here, so please make sure that you are using only .NET 1.1 with 2142CC.
This is not a function of Trinity Gaming. This is a limitation and known issue regarding 2142CC.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx